Hellkite worst boss in the game

#1copenhagenLongCPosted 8/10/2013 11:24:08 PM
On NG++ and I still have yet to beat this guy. I read that you used to be able to kill him with arrows from underneath the bridge but that was quickly patched away.

I shoot him with an arrow to bait him down from his perch, run at him and get a few hits in with my zweihander, then run to the other end of the bridge where he originally sat. I bait him toward me by either shooting an arrow at him or using a miracle(even if im out of the spell, it seems to make him walk toward you). When he gets to you is when the trouble starts. I run to him and if im lucky, I land a hit or two on his neck.

But it seems that if you get close to his body, it automatically triggers to the one hit kill fire breath attack which is complete BS. Also it seems like he regenerates life even if your trying to kill him "legit" using melee attacks. Then I got sick of it and I ran inside the sunlight altar room and used the bonfire and now he won't respawn. Seriously, WTH.

Is this fight supposed to be unwinnable?
#2RamboSaganPosted 8/11/2013 12:58:51 AM
It can be beaten, but it really isn't worth all that time and energy. I got better things to do, tbh.
#3SolidKnightPosted 8/11/2013 1:08:04 AM
Hellkite isn't a boss.
#4RamboSaganPosted 8/11/2013 1:16:38 AM
SolidKnight posted...
Hellkite isn't a boss.

I mean, I guess you can call it a mini-boss to the same extent that Havel and Hydras are mini-bosses.
#5copenhagenLongC(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2013 1:22:36 AM
RamboSagan posted...
SolidKnight posted...
Hellkite isn't a boss.

I mean, I guess you can call it a mini-boss to the same extent that Havel and Hydras are mini-bosses.

No boss in this game or in the DLC is even close to as hard as hellkite.
#6DuneManPosted 8/11/2013 1:52:21 AM
He'll respawn if you run down the bridge to the spot where Solaire stood during your first meeting.

But yeah, most of the time for the easiest kills you either beat him on NG towards the end of the game when he can be slain with a maxed out weapon in a few hits or just cheese him with spells from the ledge under the bridge.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#7copenhagenLongC(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2013 1:59:25 AM
DuneMan posted...
He'll respawn if you run down the bridge to the spot where Solaire stood during your first meeting.

But yeah, most of the time for the easiest kills you either beat him on NG towards the end of the game when he can be slain with a maxed out weapon in a few hits or just cheese him with spells from the ledge under the bridge.

I've tried to cheese him before with arrows on NG+, now Im on NG++ and I don't see how that will work. His HP regeneration is ridiculous. I can't seem to get him below 50% using the arrow under the bridge method.
#8Frostheat_22Posted 8/11/2013 2:20:15 AM
copenhagenLongC posted...
DuneMan posted...

I've tried to cheese him before with arrows on NG+, now Im on NG++ and I don't see how that will work. His HP regeneration is ridiculous. I can't seem to get him below 50% using the arrow under the bridge method.

Try hyper mode.
---
PSN: Frostheat_22
"You would probably do better in pvp if you didn't take advice from your mom." - WATAUGACJ
#9JollyCoopPosted 8/11/2013 3:15:26 AM
I have killed him in ng+7 with my sl5 mage. Hypermode and a couple of darkbeads. But if i start a new run i can kill him with the gold pine resin and an unupgraded weapon. When he comes just run and cut his tail and than kill him.
---
PSN: JollyCoop, Bolke
#10kosc88Posted 8/11/2013 4:16:11 AM
Beat him before he has a chance to attack (lightning helps a lot.) If you're too weak for that then use full gold hemmed black clothes + fire stoneplate ring + flash sweat.