Hellkite worst boss in the game

#21The moonlight knightPosted 8/11/2013 4:31:38 PM
You can definitely rip him apart in melee somewhat quickly, even in NG+7, but it takes quite a berserker rage.

Basically, I come up the stairs, hide in the alcove. I buff my weapon with sunlight blade after casting power within (Painting Guardian Sword is a decent choice, though I've done this with Zweihander and Great Scythe, too). You wait for him to jump down, then beat the **** out of his foot. He'll do an attack that misses. You'll get plenty of free shots in. His next attack, is usually the BS attack where he flies up and fireblasts down. Now, if you move against the wall to the right from where his foot is, there's a spot where you won't be harmed by this fireblast. For reals.

You can then wait there for him to drop down, with your shield up because his foot will hurt you as he drops back down. You may get some shots in. Or he may just spam BS moves a bunch. May have to run for cover back to the stairs and take cover in the alcoves if necessary and try to jump him.

But if you're not even in NG+7 doing what I suggested would probably kill him before he has a chance to BS you.

...That said, the by far best way is to bait him to drop down like I described, and be packing power within, dusk crown, bellowing dragoncrest ring and tin crystallization catalyst, and dark bead his ass into oblivion. Dark Bead is like the Boss Skip cheat. It will obliterate him. Faster than any other feasible method.

Of course that's provided you've got jacked up intelligence...
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#22The moonlight knightPosted 8/11/2013 4:33:35 PM
Oh and yeah, Hellkite is pretty lame. I don't think they really designed it to be a boss or like, a fair, normal fight. I think Hellkite is more like an environmental hazard you happen to be able to kill, just like the dragons in Demon's Souls.

There's really only been one proper dragon fight in the Souls series so far.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#23thecrazyfrogPosted 8/11/2013 5:04:18 PM
I think he's one of - if not the worst encounters in the game, yet he isn't even a boss.
#24blackdeathrashPosted 8/11/2013 9:23:05 PM
SolidKnight posted...
JollyCoop posted...
Anybody here actually shot down kalameet with the dragon slayerbow without going to gough first?

I don't think that's possible.

That is too possible. Why wouldn't it be?
#25Bleachfreak7Posted 8/11/2013 9:37:37 PM
Run up stairs, shoot with arrow, attack when he jumps down, run back down stairs, repeat. Don't take a single hit.
---
"Time never waits. It delivers all equally to the same end."
3DS: 3437-3085-0365
#26JollyCoopPosted 8/13/2013 2:52:56 AM
blackdeathrash posted...
SolidKnight posted...
JollyCoop posted...
Anybody here actually shot down kalameet with the dragon slayerbow without going to gough first?

I don't think that's possible.

That is too possible. Why wouldn't it be?

Yes it can be done and you unlock new dialog with gough. I've seen a youtube vid of it.
---
PSN: JollyCoop, Bolke
#27copenhagenLongC(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2013 11:57:19 AM
Managed to cheese him to death from underneath the bridge using arrows. Didn't feel good about it, but it was better than keeping him alive, and trying to fight an impossible boss battle by playing "fair".
#28JollyCoopPosted 8/13/2013 12:54:03 PM
copenhagenLongC posted...
Managed to cheese him to death from underneath the bridge using arrows. Didn't feel good about it, but it was better than keeping him alive, and trying to fight an impossible boss battle by playing "fair".

Next time if you start with a class that has a weapon with a bit of range. Like longsword or scimitar. Just use a goldpine resin and cut his tail like a man! And than kill him you coward!
---
PSN: JollyCoop, Bolke
#29DaRq_MiNoSPosted 8/19/2013 9:32:52 PM
I guess you could say he's an optional boss. I killed him once. Don't remember what he drops, but I remember there's a campfire under his perch. I never bothered trying to kill him again... I didn't think it was worth the effort for sure.

Yeah, I would say he's the most difficult enemy in the game.
#30joeharamatheoPosted 8/19/2013 9:52:06 PM
you can also cheese him straight melee

[helpfull youtube link goes here... yes i'm lazy]