First playthrough boss death count.

#1GarvalPosted 8/14/2013 7:23:27 PM
I mean first playthrough ever, I kept track.

Minotaur: 2 deaths
Capra Demon: 5 deaths
Queelag: 1 death
Ornstein and Smough: 3 deaths
4 Kings: 1 death
Bed of Chaos: 7 deaths
Seeth the Scaleless: 2 deaths
Gwyn, Lord of Cinder: 2 deaths
Elevator to new londo ruins: 5 deaths
Elevator between valley of drakes and darkroot basin: 2 deaths
The rafters above the painted world: ~50 deaths
Rolling rock boss inside Sen's Fortress: ~15 deaths

Everything else was pretty straightforwards, anyone else remember their first playthrough ever as a newbie?
---
PSN: Mnoric and Garval
#2BrokenMessiahPosted 8/14/2013 7:43:35 PM
I don't remember the exacts but I lost to BoC like 20 times and the Sanctuary Guardian 10.
---
Passing out dem huggy and kissies
#3Mud_ChanPosted 8/14/2013 7:52:57 PM
Jumping fails definitely topped the list. Whether I jumped into an enemy attack rather than rolled through it, missed a ledge, or just thought I could get somewhere I wasn't supposed to. I'd guess 20-25 in that category. I'd call that a boss.

After that, probably Bed of Chaos (wonder why).
---
{o,o} We're owl exterminators!
/),_,) . Mud-Chan / Mud-Sama
#4zyrax2301Posted 8/14/2013 7:55:18 PM
I'm might make a tally when I play Dark Souls II, but I don't think anybody will care.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#5Mud_ChanPosted 8/14/2013 7:58:33 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
I'm might make a tally when I play Dark Souls II, but I don't think anybody will care.

I'll care Zyrax.
---
{o,o} We're owl exterminators!
/),_,) . Mud-Chan / Mud-Sama
#6Garval(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2013 8:00:39 PM
I like to keep track of stuff like that so I can have a nice laugh at my own expense when I look back a year later. I go back and play some of the files on games I havent touched since I was like 12 or 13 years old, and im always like "Man I sucked balls"
---
PSN: Mnoric and Garval
#7zyrax2301Posted 8/14/2013 8:03:56 PM
I wish I had an assistant (preferably a primate) who could take down notes on all of the people I'd killed, those who killed me, when/where, which bosses et me, etc.

That would be great. I don't have time for it when I'm playing lol
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#8TheLucidChibaPosted 8/14/2013 8:29:02 PM
Garval posted...

The rafters above the painted world: ~50 deaths

This always confused me, I've probably died 3 times in all of my playthroughs on those rafters. How do people find that hard at all?
---
"If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don't fight, you can't win"
GT - LucidChiba
#9mundusPosted 8/14/2013 10:35:08 PM
Only 3 deaths to O&S and 5 to capra demon? O_O Capra demon has never killed me in like 5 playthroughs or so. Wheres i usually die at least once vs O&S unless i summon a phantom. First time took me like 8 tries.

Would probably be less if i killed Smough first instead, cause killing Ornstein and having Smough charge you is annoying as hell. Big Ornstein is certainly harder than lightning Smough, but the fight is easy either way once the first is down.
#10Zasamel01Posted 8/14/2013 10:41:57 PM
on first play thru
quelagg got me 21 times before i beat her this was on patch 1.00 when everything was harder though.
---
HE GON GET DIS WORK!: Ain't it evil to live backwards.
PSN:Zasamel01 Pawn:Jaffe