SL 58 looking to co-op thru duke's and beat seath

#31GarvalPosted 8/20/2013 10:57:15 AM
Even in pve Crystal Soul Spear > Sunlight Spear in Almost every way.

Damage: CSS benefits greatly from the tin crystalization catalyst and crown of dusk, as well as the slumbering dragon ring.

Sunlight spear hits hard but only the ring of the firstborn son can power it up.

Sunlight spear also creates an AoE when it strikes water, but this is highly situational.

Cast Speed: No contest, CSS is easily 3X as fast to use.

Number of Casts: CSS has 4 casts and Sunlight Spear has 5 casts. However, Sunlight spear consumes two attument slots and because it is covenent-specific, you cannot obtain multiple copies.

Requirements: You cannot obtain Sunlight Spear until you defeat Gwyn, and you have to sacrifice his greatsword for that playthrough. The spell requires 50 faith, and can no longer be used if the Warrior of Sunlight Covenent is left.

The CSS can be used regardless of covenent and can be obtained shortly after defeating Ornstein and Smough. It only has an int requirement of 44. Many people opt for 50 int for dragon breath, a good spell with a large number of casts and good for clearing trash, but still, its 6 less points you need to spend.
---
PSN: Mnoric and Garval
#32busserton(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 11:04:23 AM
I'm kinda regretting the 50 faith for sunlight spear but you look 50 times more bad ass using it than anything else so when I co-op seath I look like a god so it's good in that way
#33ballinsoldier1Posted 8/20/2013 11:51:18 AM
busserton posted...
I'm kinda regretting the 50 faith for sunlight spear but you look 50 times more bad ass using it than anything else so when I co-op seath I look like a god so it's good in that way

I can't lie, you did look pimp the first time I saw it. I was like whoa look it's friggen Zeus in the house.

And btw I should be done farming in the next 10 mins or so. Have enough to get 2/3 of his spells right now.
---
PSN: tdizzle00
#34ballinsoldier1Posted 8/20/2013 11:54:15 AM
ballinsoldier1 posted...
busserton posted...

I can't lie, you did look pimp the first time I saw it. I was like whoa look it's friggen Zeus in the house.

And btw I should be done farming in the next 10 mins or so. Have enough to get 2/3 of his spells right now.

And unfortunately, I only have 40 Int and CSS takes 44, so fail at leveling on me.
---
#35busserton(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 12:08:19 PM
I'll go on now and we'll try to beat seath then gwyndo
#36JollyCoopPosted 8/20/2013 12:11:05 PM
Sunlight spear looks pretty good. But i allways disliked that you can't use the princess guard miracles at the same time...

See that soul of gwynn is put to good use :-)

I recommend you get sunlight blade also by defeating gwindolyn. Its awesome at 50 faith!
---
PSN: JollyCoop, Bolke
#37busserton(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 2:45:44 PM
already grabbed it jolly, and that soul is getting put to good use, me and soldier are having a blast co oping especially when I do 800+ damage to an enemy (gotta love dusks helm or whatever it's called and ring of the sun's firstborn).

Jolly, do you have any ideas for a good buffable weapon, I only have 18 dex and 10 str so I can put a few points into either to make the weapon useable
#38JollyCoopPosted 8/20/2013 3:18:18 PM
Go with balder side sword or falchion, but bring a backup weapon cause without buff you wont make a dent with such low dex.
---
PSN: JollyCoop, Bolke
#39ballinsoldier1Posted 8/20/2013 3:18:26 PM
busserton posted...
already grabbed it jolly, and that soul is getting put to good use, me and soldier are having a blast co oping especially when I do 800+ damage to an enemy (gotta love dusks helm or whatever it's called and ring of the sun's firstborn).

Just beating stuff down with that spear. I just got Crystal Soul Spear and that thing rocks the house, too bad so few charges.

I'm trying to find the right setup with gear/sword/shield to get fast roll. With my enchanted +5 Uchi, I'm over the limit by about 1lb (even though the character planner thingy shows me right on, it's miscalculating equipment weight for some reason slightly).. Q's Furysword puts me under and it's pretty but it's not as powerful as I'm not good enough yet to run around with lots of humanity and with 44int, enchanted weaps are nice. I probably shouldve just enchanged the Falchion to +5 instead since it's lighter.

I guess I could put a couple points in stamina to even it out, then there is the Moonlight Greatsword too, so to use that I'd have to go a bit heavier. Ahhh, it was so much easier when I was wearing Havel's ring, silly Ring of Favor &P just doesn't boost enough to equip with only 23 stamina.

I'll probably eventually just level up, I'm already paper thin right now with my defense.
---
#40busserton(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 3:26:26 PM
i'd put a few into endurance if you only have 23. mine is only 18 but I also only had 10 vitality until an hour ago so i'm not a master character builder