One of the worst games I have ever played

#1PokeyBananaPosted 8/19/2013 1:28:24 PM
Honestly, what do people see in this?

So I've just died at the hands of that gargoyle boss for the 11th time and decided to call it a day with this game. Not one moment of it has been fun.

Dying over and over again is not fun. Not even a little a bit. When will developers learn, repetition is not fun, it's very boring and tedious. How about giving us a quick save option so I don't lose my hard earned souls every time I die and don't manage to get back to the same place? No, I have to go back to square one again. Yeah, because that's fun.

Plus the developers are stealing game from me. I paid for this and I should be allowed to play it all through. But because I can't get past an early and nigh impossible boss I'm not allowed to experience the rest of the game I paid for. They should have implemented a system whereby you can skip a boss fight after three defeats. Rip-off.

I even tried going human in order to summon Soliaire for a hand in that boss fight but oh no, I can't do that either as other people with nothing better to do invade my game (thanks for not giving me the option to turn that off) and kill me before I even get to Soliare.

Absolutely worthless piece of trash, this.
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of Kermit the frog]
#2interwebz-factzPosted 8/19/2013 1:33:32 PM
gr8 b8 m8
---
Hold up hold up... Did I just detect what could be construed as a fallacy by an individual on the Internet?!?!?!
#3-Oath-Posted 8/19/2013 1:39:05 PM
I'll take your copy. I love the game so much I'd love to have two =]
#4KineticalPosted 8/19/2013 1:39:42 PM
Did you think this game was about eating candy floss or something?
---
I've been in my body for years.
#5HeavensEndPosted 8/19/2013 1:42:10 PM
I agree with TC, this game is terrible.
---
PSN: DyingDreams
All is fair in research and failed experiments
#6illusorywallPosted 8/19/2013 1:42:50 PM
This game is a modern classic, but you're going to miss out because you lack the patience to learn and to adapt.

It's unfortunate, because this game is a shining example how much better franchises like Zelda, Castlevania, and Metroid could be. This game is doing what those series should. Some people make the mistake of comparing Dark Souls to games like Skyrim and Dragon's Dogma, but a much more apt comparison are classic games of the NES area. Dark Souls is a superb modern take of those kinds of games, and it picks up where companies like Nintendo and Konami are dropping the ball.

I could go on and on about what makes this game great, but it's something that should be experienced, not explained. One thing I can say is that it's not a passive gameplay experience, it's one that requires a lot of focus to succeed. If you're hoping to get through without giving 100%, this game isn't for you.
#7TheDarkone21Posted 8/19/2013 1:44:19 PM
Hold up, hold up, hold up, hold up, hold up. Is there a game that allows you to skip bosses when they kick your ass? How cool is that?
---
Shh! I'm on the phone!
GT:IwuzPh34rless
#8shadowsofdawnPosted 8/19/2013 1:44:47 PM
HeavensEnd posted...
I agree with TC, this game is terrible.

---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#9ballinsoldier1Posted 8/19/2013 1:50:27 PM
Patience is a virtue, this game rewards it.

Be quick, but don't rush.

I felt the same way you did at first. It seemed the game was impossible and just torture. That was until I accepted that I was going to die, a lot. And the key to getting anywhere was not rushing and playing defensively. Figure out what the enemy likes to do and where you can get an attack in without compromising yourself and don't get greedy. Often it's better to use an opening to heal rather than attack.

The enemies actually get harder but the game as gotten easier for me. I'm still not anywhere near as good as many of the vets on here but I can definitely see improvement with patience and observation as my first strategy. Most games run headfirst hacking and slashing method just won't work in this game.

I'm not finish with my first playthrough but died 10x more times in the first few areas than the last few even though the enemies are much stronger. Obviously, my tactics have changed. I'll still get owned in PvP though...

I'm with you on the invading part though, that does suck, especially in the area you mentioned. There are a few areas where people just hang out to invade and unfortunately, that is one of them and it sucks for new players. Worst case scenario if you want NPC help is to turn off your internet connection and you wont be invaded but you will only be able to get NPC help and not other players. May be worth a shot if invasion is the bigger concern. Honestly, there is no reason you can't take down the Gargoyles solo if you work on your tactics.
---
PSN: tdizzle00
#10kteimportaPosted 8/19/2013 2:07:49 PM
PokeyBanana posted...
Honestly, what do people see in this?

I even tried going human in order to summon Soliaire for a hand in that boss fight but oh no, I can't do that either as other people with nothing better to do invade my game (thanks for not giving me the option to turn that off) and kill me before I even get to Soliare.

Just don't connect to PSN.