You guys think Dark Souls 2 will come to next gen consoles?

#1DaRq_MiNoSPosted 8/19/2013 9:48:12 PM
Even though they haven't announced it, I would kind of have to think that it will. Seeing as it's coming out 6 months into next gen (if it isn't delayed), I would be surprised and disappointed if it doesn't.
#2FoaloalPosted 8/19/2013 10:19:52 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/410722/xbox-one-pre-e3-trailer-shows-dark-souls-2-battlefield-4/

It's definitely coming to next gen consoles. Since PC is the lead platform they won't have to do any work creating higher res assets for the next gen consoles, it'll be a simple matter of porting the game.
#3Frostheat_22Posted 8/19/2013 11:43:14 PM
From said they have no intentions right now to release it on next-gen consoles.
---
PSN: Frostheat_22
"You would probably do better in pvp if you didn't take advice from your mom." - WATAUGACJ
#4doofy102Posted 8/19/2013 11:50:08 PM
Foaloal posted...
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/410722/xbox-one-pre-e3-trailer-shows-dark-souls-2-battlefield-4/

It's definitely coming to next gen consoles. Since PC is the lead platform they won't have to do any work creating higher res assets for the next gen consoles, it'll be a simple matter of porting the game.

That video was there to get all of the xbox360 games out of the way so they could focus on the X1. This in no way confirms Dark Souls 2 for X1.

And From have flat out said they're not thinking about it, at least not yet.
---
LittleBigPockets: A study of the video game LittleBigPlanet and the odd things that children create on it. http://littlebigpockets.blogspot.com.au/
#5DaRq_MiNoS(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 11:52:48 PM
doofy102 posted...
Foaloal posted...

That video was there to get all of the xbox360 games out of the way so they could focus on the X1. This in no way confirms Dark Souls 2 for X1.

Sucks if they don't, because I plan on trading in my PS3 and games when the PS4 comes out. I guess I could always play it on the Gaikai cloud.
#6Proudleaf24Posted 8/19/2013 11:53:56 PM
I doubt it. If the rumors concerning Demon's Souls 2 are true though, that will certainly be on the PS4. Dark Souls 3 will probably also appear on the next gen consoles, and not the PS3/360.
---
You're gonna love my nuts
#7FoaloalPosted 8/20/2013 12:45:23 AM
doofy102 posted...

Too bad, I didn't actually watch any of the Xbone stuff myself but I read a lot of people saying DS2 was shown for the Xbone so I assumed they weren't all wrong.

Well on the bright side retailers are listing Dark Souls 2 for next gen systems, although we know that doesn't really mean anything these days.

I personally believe it will come out for sure, if they were able to put in the effort to make a (very basic) PC port of DS1 just because of fan response then I believe they'll be able to get a port out on Xbone/PS4, especially if the x86 architecture in the new systems actually turns out to make ports easier.

I don't think the port will necessarily be out on the same day as the 360/PS3/PC versions, though.
#8SSJPabsPosted 8/20/2013 1:29:41 AM
Proudleaf24 posted...
I doubt it. If the rumors concerning Demon's Souls 2 are true though, that will certainly be on the PS4. Dark Souls 3 will probably also appear on the next gen consoles, and not the PS3/360.
The Demon's souls 2 rumors turned out to be for another game.
---
I used to have an account in 2002, but Gamefaqs ate it.