AotA question...

#1PlasmetoPosted 8/26/2013 1:39:47 AM
So I have not downloaded the DLC yet, but I am interested in it, as I love this game to death. (Just 1000/1000'd last week!)

Anyway question is, I have one Main character (SL 130-ish, 100+ hours) that I've beaten the game with twice, and then several other concept characters that I basically just cleared the Asylum with and that's it.

In your personal opinion, do you think the DLC content would be better experienced on a new character or NG++?
---
My Dad always said, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?"
GT: Cid Crisis
#2SolidKnightPosted 8/26/2013 1:43:25 AM
It's the same either way. The new content is pretty challenging especially if your first playthrough is going to be in NG++.
#3Plasmeto(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 1:57:03 AM
I guess that's what I mean lol. I know this is Dark Souls and all, but how challenging is too challenging you know? Or I should say, the appropriate amount of challenge for a first timer...

If it helps, my stats are: (Roughly)

Vit - 50
End - 40
Att - 18? (Four slots)
Str - 30
Dex - 30
Int - 25
Fth - 8
Res - 10 (whatever base is lol)

And I typically use fully upgraded black iron armor, (I think I mix and match a little with upgraded Elite Knight Armor to be under 50%) Wolf Ring, and Ring of Favor and Protection, and then Quelaag's Fury Sword, and either Eagle, Black Knight, or Crest Shield.

Although, I'm sure either way I do it will be enjoyable. My main concern would be raging if I attempt NG++ and it's like insane hard. -_-
---
My Dad always said, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?"
GT: Cid Crisis
#4JollyCoopPosted 8/26/2013 2:03:58 AM
Ng would be a lot easier.
---
PSN: JollyCoop, Bolke
#5GhosttenksPosted 8/26/2013 3:08:22 AM
Start off with the NG character. First-time DLC in NG++ sounds pretty horrifying.
---
Skullgirls. It's better than whatever crap Capcom shoved out this month.
Painwheel/Peacock
#6Chaosxmk777Posted 8/26/2013 3:30:28 AM
Ghosttenks posted...
Start off with the NG character. First-time DLC in NG++ sounds pretty horrifying.

Real men start at NG+4 and tank the dlc...then proceed to be unable to defeat manus...

If youre good at the game and able to pay attention and learn boss patterns, you should do fine in ng++. Just be careful, all of the bosses have quite a bit of fire/lightning/magic resist. The fights might be tougher than normal.
---
"This is me... All of me." ~ Hanako