Modders ruin the game

#1RamboSaganPosted 8/27/2013 12:52:32 AM
It's getting beyond ridiculous. I feel like everyone is running around with modded havels armor and modded crystal swords. I think it's time to move on, cause unless I join these guys I'm just gonna keep being a victim of it.

I seriously hope this s*** isn't in dark souls 2.
#2m415mikePosted 8/27/2013 12:59:11 AM
Come on, now. At least they aren't invincible! I once ran into a modder, and the only reason he beat me is because I was caught off guard. I had no idea modding was a thing and I was surprised by how powerful his gear was.

A bit of skill and diligence is all that's needed to wipe the floor with these guys. No modder is likely to be worth anything in terms of skill.
#3SolidKnightPosted 8/27/2013 1:27:33 AM(edited)
m415mike posted...
Come on, now. At least they aren't invincible! I once ran into a modder, and the only reason he beat me is because I was caught off guard. I had no idea modding was a thing and I was surprised by how powerful his gear was.

A bit of skill and diligence is all that's needed to wipe the floor with these guys. No modder is likely to be worth anything in terms of skill.

Let me know when you wipe the floor with modders who give themselves 9,999,999 HP and 9,999,999 stamina. You'd break all your weapons trying to kill them and they'd be one divine blessing away from getting it all back.

This is why Dark Souls 2 needs to just have simple integrity checks on your save file. So when it goes to parse it and encounters something like SL1 with 99 VIT and 9,999,999 HP the game will refuse to load it. Then they should format the saves so that you can't add unobtainable items to the list of what's in your inventory.

This would stop most of the bullcrap that comes from save modding.
#4m415mikePosted 8/27/2013 1:30:54 AM
SolidKnight posted...
m415mike posted...

Let me know when you wipe the floor with modders who give themselves 9,999,999 HP and 9,999,999 stamina. You'd break all your weapons trying to kill them and they'd be one divine blessing away from getting it all back.

This is why Dark Souls 2 needs to just have simple integrity checks on your save file. So when it goes to parse it and encounters something like SL1 with 99 VIT and 9,999,999 HP the game will refuse to load it. Then they should format the saves so that you can't add unobtainable items to the list of what's in your inventory.

This would stop most of the bullcrap that comes from save modding.

OP didn't mention modifying stamina or health. He specifically mentioned equipment. Many modders seem to only change their equipment, as was the case with the modder I faced.
#5SolidKnightPosted 8/27/2013 1:56:30 AM
m415mike posted...
OP didn't mention modifying stamina or health. He specifically mentioned equipment. Many modders seem to only change their equipment, as was the case with the modder I faced.

They can do both. I know people do it in the forest quite a bit because I see people who try to be slick and give themselves something like 3,000 HP.
#6RamboSagan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 2:06:50 AM
Regardless of how they're modding, I just feel that legitimacy is not to be expected in multiplayer of this game. It's become part of the multiplayer experience. And I find it to be so dumb that I just figure, why should I even bother? If I'm not having fun, then I'll just play another game where I will have fun. Simple as that. I'm not gonna put up with yet another infinite endurance dragon head user or divine blessing spammer. I refuse to subject myself to that s***.
#7lunajennyPosted 8/27/2013 2:58:25 AM
People die when they are killed.
---
GT: Kyrie Kaneko
Yes I believe in the Dark Lord. He is our Saviour.
#8RamboSagan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 3:00:22 AM
lunajenny posted...
People die when they are killed.

You ought to be a philosopher, that's the most astute observation I've read in a long time.
#9bats17Posted 8/27/2013 3:06:21 AM
Water is wet.....
---
Training is nothing. Will is everything.
#10RamboSagan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 3:13:54 AM
Oh, now I get it...

>__>

Except modding is more present in this game than most console multiplayer games I've played. I'm probably beating a dead horse, but that's cause legitimacy is so god damn obscure and seldom in this game, that I can't even focus on anything else with this game.