Would you welcome back World Tendencies in DkS2?

#1witchfinder_dilPosted 8/28/2013 1:17:51 AM
I actually liked the world tendencies in Demon Souls. Albeit they could handle it a little better instead of having people suicide again and again.

I like the server wide tendencies event. Especially if you were unaware and a black phantom comes out of nowhere.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/fingolfin_finwe/
GT: Witchfinder Dil PSN:Turambar87
#2Proudleaf24Posted 8/28/2013 1:34:50 AM
No, but I would love for there to be a covenant or item that would shift the world into a black world tendency like state, similar to the Gravelord Curse effect, but permanent.

It would also be interesting if, by activating this through a covenant, and then by progressing through the game while remaining in the covenant, special rewards were given to the player. For example, if you clear area X and beat the boss while covenant effect is in place, you can visit the covenant for a new obtainable item etc.
---
You're gonna love my nuts
#3AlltraPosted 8/28/2013 2:05:18 AM
Yes.

I had no problem with WT, I dunno why everyone hates it so much.
---
"Cute" in an RPG is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#4BobbyBrownLovePosted 8/28/2013 2:29:56 AM
Yes... as long as they change how to tell what tendency the world was in.

The difference in shades were too subtle. At times I thought my world was pure black or white, but turns out its like one short of pure world.

Make it like an image that changes shape or something... not a shade of color that's hard to distinguish from one another.
#596sommiPosted 8/28/2013 3:10:24 AM
World Tendency was taking way too extreme in Demons Souls.

I personally believe you should have a much more simple World Tendency.

White World Tendency
- World becomes 'white' when you defeat the world Boss in Human Form
- World becomes 'white' when you are summoned as a White Phantom and help defeat area boss

World Neutral
- The one in the middle

Black World Tendency
- World becomes 'black' when you die as a Human. If it was White, it goes to neutral. If you die again as human, it becomes black.
- World becomes 'black' if you kill a host as a Black Phantom

etc. etc.

Also I believe there should be many white or black world tendency specific-items. This would make a lot of people want to be white-phantoms and help people out.
#6Eddo_CPosted 8/28/2013 3:36:06 AM
The whole concept of World Tendency? As in enemies get easy/harder depending on WT? No problem.

The way it was done in Demon Souls? No thanks. Don't get me wrong, it was interesting but simply an experience I don't wanted to be repeated. It was too overbearing, and dictated how you played. The who WT/CT thing meant if you care about WT, the routine is all too similar. Beat boss, go do PWWT events, suicide until PBWT, do the events and kill the black phantoms and colorless demons as well as crystal lizards in one swoop. Get friend's ring, kill NPCs, to get the rogue NPC to pop out, kill more NPC.

I will be happy enough to merely get a slider that we can adjust.
---
You're pretty radical, can I fill your valence?
#7Frostheat_22Posted 8/28/2013 3:43:05 AM
Concept? Yes.
The way it was presented in DeS? No.

It was too tricky to actually know what level of white/black tendency you are in, because of the subtle changes in the shades.

Actually, I would prefer if character tendency was DkSII more than world tendencies.
---
PSN: Frostheat_22
"You would probably do better in pvp if you didn't take advice from your mom." - WATAUGACJ
#8AlltraPosted 8/28/2013 3:59:45 AM
Character Tendency was pointless though.
---
"Cute" in an RPG is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#9Gwyns_BeardPosted 8/28/2013 4:47:56 AM
I hate being forced to die in any game for any reason.
It seems like the easiest way to do it is with covenants. Perma gravelord yourself in exchange for something. Level 1 could purely be for more souls. There is a plethora of ways something like this could be implemented,

Just don't force me to suicide after every boss. That's annoying,
---
Skeletal bell toller. Handle in each of my tentacles.
#10LodissPosted 8/28/2013 5:31:58 AM
I didn't like WT and I'm glad it didn't return in Dark Souls.
---
You were indicted