Would you welcome back World Tendencies in DkS2?

#11DJ_0000Posted 8/28/2013 5:25:33 AM
No, it was an interesting idea but horribly implemented. Because of the way it worked you were better off going for white tendency before black which forced people to play hollow meanwhile if you played online it would shift your tendency so it forced people to play offline entirely.

People should be encouraged to get involved with the online play, not forced to avoid it until they get their tendency events.
---
PSN: gatewaytohell | Kahlan | lv 200 | Sorcerer & PSN: gatewaytohellalt | Kara | lv 200 | Fighter
PSN: gatewaytohellal2 | Iris | lv 200 | Strider
#12shadowsofdawnPosted 8/28/2013 6:11:32 AM
Proudleaf24 posted...
No, but I would love for there to be a covenant or item that would shift the world into a black world tendency like state, similar to the Gravelord Curse effect, but permanent.

It would also be interesting if, by activating this through a covenant, and then by progressing through the game while remaining in the covenant, special rewards were given to the player. For example, if you clear area X and beat the boss while covenant effect is in place, you can visit the covenant for a new obtainable item etc.

I got hard while reading that. Giggity.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#13Necro_Fear89Posted 8/28/2013 6:18:41 AM
I enjoyed the WT in DeS, the character tendency I could do without though. Having different events happen because of it was a neat idea, and if they could implement it a different way and make it more fleshed out and less subtle it would be a neat idea. Maybe have different things happen in consecutive NG+? It would sure encourage people to go beyond NG+, maybe not have weapons and items tied to it, but have like different areas and shortcuts open up or something, IDK, I'm just trying to think of things lol.
---
You touched the mark of death itself, bring more souls Slayer of Demons..
The Maiden in Black's Blessing- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vByX90Ezn0s
#14turtle225Posted 8/28/2013 6:36:44 AM
I had no idea what the heck WT was until I beat the game and looked it up. I then realized that I missed a bunch of stuff because I didn't go through the levels with the right WT, which is annoying.

I'm not totally opposed to it returning, but it needs to be improved somehow, as several others have said.
---
,=,e
#15Arcsx3Posted 8/28/2013 7:01:23 AM
WT would be hard for DkS2 since it's open world. If they did try it then they would need to make gaining back white tendency easier than in DeS, but frankly I don't see how that's possible.

I really liked Character Tendency more than WT. I would gladly take CT back. It would be awesome if they modified CT to work like WT for the game.

Example: The darker your CT got the harder your world would become. This would be because you're reaping the souls of others in order to steal their humanity and this would cause you to become target for black phantoms. Alternatively, the more helpful you are the whiter your CT would become making your world easier to deal with. Possibly add in some stat and/or health modifications as a result of either path.
#16Grimmgamer13Posted 8/28/2013 8:57:15 AM
While I'd like wt/ct to come back, I agree it needs to be revamped. Like someone said before, perhaps a covenant thing ( like way of white/ darkwraith?)

Like maybe different paths open depending on your ct. Wct would have you fight through corrupted levels full of demons and undead trying to clear them out making other levels with human enemies friendly. While bct sends you to a level populated by human enemies from which you reap souls and send them to some random players wct path as black phantoms?

I dunno something like that.
#17tehheadPosted 8/28/2013 9:29:49 AM
why not make it as difficulty?
turned off/on at the start of the game & NG+

adding it simply adds dark phantoms as enemy, permanently, they also scales on NG+ setting

simply said, once you turn it on, finish the game, or restart a new toon
don't we love harshness of dark souls?
#18YuenkuPosted 8/28/2013 10:00:06 AM
- World Tendency now scales with sin.
- Gain sin by invading worlds (no indictment needed, its automatic), attacking NPC's, abandoning covenants, and killing Spirits of Vengeance.
- Lose sin by Coop, dying to a spirit of Vengeance, or purchasing Absolution.

Bam.
---
~**Lolicon Pride**~
#19Sanguine_01Posted 8/28/2013 10:20:26 AM
I always thought world tendancy should have been shown as weather conditions. The worse you do the darker and stormier the weather gets making visability difficult and the enemies a bit harder. The better you do the more light there is and clear skies with the enemies slightly easier.

New areas should still open up, bad gameplay should no longer bring black phantoms if the gravelords are still around and work way better. If not then bring back the black phantoms.

The only thing I would take away is the mandatory necessity of grinding certain things with the tendency that may be necessary. Perhaps you can get good armor and weapons in both PB and PW tendencies but no shards or souls.

Maybe even new bosses instead of NPC's

I like the replay value that WT can bring to the table if implemented correctly so YES!!
---
"Bring more Souls!"
http://youtu.be/CbxjG4SRxxI
#20dantedeschain13Posted 8/28/2013 11:40:07 AM
Yuenku posted...
- World Tendency now scales with sin.
- Gain sin by invading worlds (no indictment needed, its automatic), attacking NPC's, abandoning covenants, and killing Spirits of Vengeance.
- Lose sin by Coop, dying to a spirit of Vengeance, or purchasing Absolution.

Bam.

I like this idea. Sin actually matters in that scenario, and like someone mentioned above, I don't lose things from being online and having the server reset my tendency for whatever reason (happened on my most recent Demon's platinum run, missed some PWWT events in world 5 because I didn't play the level in one sitting)