What weapon should I use for Sen's Fortress?

#1KhazarorPosted 8/28/2013 5:08:24 AM
These are the weapons I have been using for a bit:

Drake Sword
Claymore+7
Black Knight Sword+2
Halberd+8

My strength is 22, dexterity is 20 so if there are any other weapons that are better than these, please tell me. It's my first time there.
---
What can change the nature of a man? Animal testing!
#2Muffin2kPosted 8/28/2013 5:16:02 AM
I used a +10 Iaito at that point
---
We have enough humans. What we need is a fountain of smart.
#3elfmirfkinnPosted 8/28/2013 5:20:05 AM
Backstab.
---
---PSN: elfmirfkin---
#4elfmirfkinnPosted 8/28/2013 5:22:30 AM
Just kidding. Iirc, my first playthrough I used a regular old long sword for the entire game. Served me really well.
---
---PSN: elfmirfkin---
#5egpNoodlezPosted 8/28/2013 6:05:49 AM
I recently ran through with Claymore +10, perfectly fine. Riposte if you are able to, it really helps since the corridors sometimes get narrow and it's impractical to swing. There's a lightning spear in Sen's Fortress, beware of mimicry.
---
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/11/egpNoodlez.png
#6eatdust6777Posted 8/28/2013 6:47:46 AM
Use the claymore and grab the lightning spear in sens, thats what I did in my first playthrough and used the queelags fury sword until NG+
---
PSN SkyRED17.
#7shadowsofdawnPosted 8/28/2013 6:50:29 AM
lol at the people saying grab the lightning spear, that thing will do less than half the damage your black knight sword +2 will. Use that.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#8mgillgannonPosted 8/28/2013 8:13:59 AM
It's funny that by the time you get the lightning spear, it's fairly useless. It's OK (barely) vs the lizardmen but the knights and batwing demons in Anor Londo are highly resistant to lightning, as is Ornstein. I would go with the halberd.
---
When people say "The fact is..." they mean "My opinion is..."
#9Sk8terMPosted 8/28/2013 8:45:46 AM
mgillgannon posted...
It's funny that by the time you get the lightning spear, it's fairly useless. It's OK (barely) vs the lizardmen but the knights and batwing demons in Anor Londo are highly resistant to lightning, as is Ornstein. I would go with the halberd.

Yeah you could try to upgrade the lightning spear and use it after anor londo. But it's not real good compared to what you have right now. Get that bks up to +5 though and you won't be disappointed. I know I wasn't
---
Currently studying at the college of wumbology
#10valkod23Posted 8/28/2013 9:17:15 AM
Sk8terM posted...
mgillgannon posted...

Yeah you could try to upgrade the lightning spear and use it after anor londo. But it's not real good compared to what you have right now. Get that bks up to +5 though and you won't be disappointed. I know I wasn't

Seriously, that Black Knight Sword is powerful enough to carry anyone through all of NG and even most, if not all of NG+. With it at +4 and two-handed, I can one-shot the Capra Demon on NG. Getting it to +4 requires killing a few crystal lizards and trading some items to snuggly for the Twinkling Titanite.
---
PSN: Valkod
Playing Dark Souls and Baldur's Gate Trilogy right now.