Did I ruin my moonlight great sword build?

#1azzazinROPosted 9/15/2013 4:17:05 PM
I levelled my str and des to 28 and 16, so I can use black knight sword before I got the great sword, did this ruin my build? And is there any way to make my build better?
#2Proudleaf24Posted 9/15/2013 4:26:21 PM
Nah

http://mmdks.com/3zt9
---
You're gonna love my nuts
#3Renegade109Posted 9/15/2013 4:41:02 PM
Depends on what your definition of 'ruin' is. 28/16 is obviously not MLGS-specific if that's what you're getting at.

MLGS (Pyromancer SL125)
Vitality 70 (Vitality Gouge)
Attunement 12 (Base / Two Slots)
Endurance 40 (Max Stamina)
Strength 16 (One-hand MLGS)
Dexterity 10 (Qualify for use of MLGS)
Resistance 12 (Base)
Intelligence 40 (Diminishing returns on MLGS AR scaling when > 40)
Faith 8 (Base)

FaP + DWGR, a > 31 poise setup and you're golden.

You can customize a few things if you're looking for more diversity. Drop some Vitality and bring Int up to 44 for Crystal Soul Spear access, or pour some more points into Attunement for more slots. Alternatively, you can slap two points into Dexterity for Estoc access if you want a turtling-compatible backup. Or you can even drop as many as 20 points from Vit and push as much as you need into Endurance if you absolutely must have additional equip weight to play with.
---
http://i.imgur.com/PELu7.png [] http://i.imgur.com/Um6Qk.png
~ Nothing ventured, nothing gained. ~
#4azzazinRO(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 5:48:01 PM
Renegade109 posted...
Depends on what your definition of 'ruin' is. 28/16 is obviously not MLGS-specific if that's what you're getting at.

MLGS (Pyromancer SL125)
Vitality 70 (Vitality Gouge)
Attunement 12 (Base / Two Slots)
Endurance 40 (Max Stamina)
Strength 16 (One-hand MLGS)
Dexterity 10 (Qualify for use of MLGS)
Resistance 12 (Base)
Intelligence 40 (Diminishing returns on MLGS AR scaling when > 40)
Faith 8 (Base)

FaP + DWGR, a > 31 poise setup and you're golden.

You can customize a few things if you're looking for more diversity. Drop some Vitality and bring Int up to 44 for Crystal Soul Spear access, or pour some more points into Attunement for more slots. Alternatively, you can slap two points into Dexterity for Estoc access if you want a turtling-compatible backup. Or you can even drop as many as 20 points from Vit and push as much as you need into Endurance if you absolutely must have additional equip weight to play with.

Actually I'm keeping my vit. At 25, it's useless in PVP if you're against a heavy hitter, my int is 40 right now, I'm gonna upgrade it to 44 to use crystal soul spear like u said, my endurance will be 42 so I can equip Logan's catalyst with my Chester set. Since Chester set looks so badass
#5Renegade109Posted 9/15/2013 8:54:58 PM
azzazinRO posted...
Actually I'm keeping my vit. At 25

Bad idea. Vitality up to 50 is never a waste, especially when it comes to PvP.

A person with base 70 Vitality equipped with the MotM and FaP will have a HP figure of 2177.

A person with base 50 Vitality with the same equips: 1950.

With a meager 25 Vitality, you'll manage only 1219.

Diminishing returns on Vitality start to kick in after 30, but 50 is the golden standard for any half-decent build. The reason is that you can design distributions to hit all the necessary diminishing returns breakpoints at SL125 and still have enough leftover points to dump into Vitality after doing so. If this is not the case, you're either making a very unorthodox distribution, or you're intentionally keeping your Vitality low for 'fun'.

Vitality isn't just window dressing, even the best players will suffer hits when engaging other players of similar skill level, and trading hits at critical points in a match can decide a win or loss between two veterans. Not to mention that with only 1219 HP, or 938 HP if you aren't running the MotM / FaP combo, there is a possibility of being one-shot via Hornet BS from heavy weapons, and things like Dark Bead or CSS running off the typical LCat/Bellowing/Dusk Crown combo. With 1950 HP you're pretty much guaranteed to survive even the heaviest of single attacks with a chance to fight back for a victory. Not to mention from medium AR-grade weapons you'll be able to eat at least three backstabs before being put down assuming your defenses aren't abysmal, and the ability to take two backstabs instead of one, or three backstabs instead of two are things that give one player a solid edge over another.

Bottom-line: At 40-44 Int, if you were to fight another Int-based setup with a properly optimised build, you'd essentially be engaging someone who is capable of dealing the same damage you can, only they can also take up to almost double the punishment, and this makes a huge difference in the likelihood of victory.

tl;dr - It's not wise to neglect your Vitality. You'll be fighting two up-hill battles simultaneously against anyone worth their salt in PvP if you take that route.
---
http://i.imgur.com/PELu7.png [] http://i.imgur.com/Um6Qk.png
~ Nothing ventured, nothing gained. ~
#6azzazinRO(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 9:21:40 PM
Renegade109 posted...
azzazinRO posted...
Actually I'm keeping my vit. At 25

Bad idea. Vitality up to 50 is never a waste, especially when it comes to PvP.

A person with base 70 Vitality equipped with the MotM and FaP will have a HP figure of 2177.

A person with base 50 Vitality with the same equips: 1950.

With a meager 25 Vitality, you'll manage only 1219.

Diminishing returns on Vitality start to kick in after 30, but 50 is the golden standard for any half-decent build. The reason is that you can design distributions to hit all the necessary diminishing returns breakpoints at SL125 and still have enough leftover points to dump into Vitality after doing so. If this is not the case, you're either making a very unorthodox distribution, or you're intentionally keeping your Vitality low for 'fun'.

Vitality isn't just window dressing, even the best players will suffer hits when engaging other players of similar skill level, and trading hits at critical points in a match can decide a win or loss between two veterans. Not to mention that with only 1219 HP, or 938 HP if you aren't running the MotM / FaP combo, there is a possibility of being one-shot via Hornet BS from heavy weapons, and things like Dark Bead or CSS running off the typical LCat/Bellowing/Dusk Crown combo. With 1950 HP you're pretty much guaranteed to survive even the heaviest of single attacks with a chance to fight back for a victory. Not to mention from medium AR-grade weapons you'll be able to eat at least three backstabs before being put down assuming your defenses aren't abysmal, and the ability to take two backstabs instead of one, or three backstabs instead of two are things that give one player a solid edge over another.

Bottom-line: At 40-44 Int, if you were to fight another Int-based setup with a properly optimised build, you'd essentially be engaging someone who is capable of dealing the same damage you can, only they can also take up to almost double the punishment, and this makes a huge difference in the likelihood of victory.

tl;dr - It's not wise to neglect your Vitality. You'll be fighting two up-hill battles simultaneously against anyone worth their salt in PvP if you take that route.

Ok thanks ill keep it in mind
#7foppehenkPosted 9/16/2013 12:37:33 AM
Proudleaf24 posted...
Nah

http://mmdks.com/3zt9

haha great
---
psn: foppehenk, hoekende
http://youtu.be/qfZ6PLvzlVg
#8DJ_0000Posted 9/16/2013 6:14:33 AM(edited)
azzazinRO posted...
Actually I'm keeping my vit. At 25, it's useless in PVP if you're against a heavy hitter

You know every now and then I run into someone while I'm PvP'ing that I will one or two shot with relatively weak weapons, often the amount of souls I get shows that the person is anything from SL 125-200 to my surprise. Now I know why.

But seriously, 25 vitality in PvP is about as stupid a decision as it gets. 50 is standard, 40 is slightly low, below 40 is very low but 25 is just suicidal. That build that Renegade posted is about as good as a MLGS build gets, I would suggest you follow it.
---
PSN: gatewaytohell | Kahlan | lv 200 | Sorcerer & PSN: gatewaytohellalt | Kara | lv 200 | Fighter
PSN: gatewaytohellal2 | Iris | lv 200 | Strider
#9moodyjm2Posted 9/16/2013 6:21:19 AM
Yes.

A MLGS build should not have more that 16 STR and 10-16 DEX (MAX).

At this point it's not a MLGS build as the weapon doesn't scale with STR or DEX so it's pointless to raise those attributes. At this point you can try making a Magic Claymore or Flamberge +10.
---
This is a rock and roll takeover, living each day one night at a time.