Welp, I PvP'd for a couple of hours.

#1The moonlight knightPosted 9/18/2013 4:51:53 AM
Through horrid shoddy satellite internet.

The lag is HORRIBLE, and rather erratic. Nearly every summon sign I see, I go to and it vanishes before I reach it. People I try to summon almost always fail. I get fog gates blocking me due to incoming invasions, that sometimes last several minutes with nothing happening.

But, it does work. Just horribly haphazardly. The backstabs I received tended to be incredibly bizarre. Like 2 feet in front of me 1 second, behind me stabbing me the next. Oy... That's one of the less laggy stabs.

But anyway, that was neat. I don't perfectly recall all PvP rules regarding interaction ranges in terms of Soul Levels, but I recalled the forest is apparently a "I don't give a **** everyone is welcome" sort of deal, so that's where I went.

My experiences can roughly be summed up, in order, as this:

- OMG someone finally showed up! Oh, pursuers. :/ Wow that turned into a backstab? Jesus this lag...
- OMG someone else but noo I was still fighting the NPCs hold on I just got here nooo *runs, stunlocked by lightning murokumo*
- Oh hey pursuers again. Well ha, your pursuers just went into the tree- Oh backstab. WTF how did you hit me again so fast. D:
- Alright, no more messing around. >:C This- Backstabs. :/
- Holy crap I've killed 5 dudes in a row now, woo! Take THAT, derpy black knight axe wielded guy trying to double team me when I was fighting this other dude!
- I'll just let this summon guy I finally summoned fight this blue dude. Wow they sure are dancing around a lot. Oh lame my summoned used humanity...and ate crystal soulmass and a backstab. LOL. Well, this dude's using a great scythe, what a coincidence, so am I! Aww I died, but that was close and neat. :o
- Two dudes at once? >:/ Rawhglh- Holy crap I beat them. :o
- Where is this guy... Oh, there he is...child mask, pursuers up... You like pursuers, eh? Well then you'll love pursuing me. TREE MODE ACTIVATE. *4 minutes later* HERE I AM! Whoa this dude is reckless, maybe impatient? Yay souls. :3
- Oh I see. You ran waaay over there, trying to sap the souls of the kills that happen here, without fighting? Bunch of tree guys there. What to do, what to do... *Dragonslayer greatbows him a few times, off a cliff*
- "You are no longer connected/signed in, returning to title screen" D:

So anyway, yeah, lot of forest invaders aren't very good, are they? I mean, I JUST started, and I have horrible lag, and twice I beat a double-team.

So can like a SL1 guy invade me there even though I'm way up in the SL340ish range IIRC?

Also, I was disappointed by how many super serious dudes kept coming after me. I wasn't really geared in an optimal way and was just sorta joking around. I tried to convey this to them. I wanted to be silly. Like spinning as a tree on the stone bridge. But they were like "NUU I MUST SHOVE THIS ELECTRIC GIANT SWORD IN YOUR BUM FOR SRS RAWR" :|

Also I left a message saying there's something good ahead off a cliff where another message was saying to jump. That was my first message I left. I'm a bad person. u_u

Although maybe the fact throughout the PvPing I never once backstabbed or healed mid-battle balances that out. Not really for the sake of some honor or something though. I suppose... I don't really know. Just seemed lame to do. I do heal between fights though, and doublebutters don't give me space. >:C

Anyhoo, what fun can a super high level character like mine have besides the forest? I'm at the beginning of NG+...21 I think. So all my options are open. God, I hate having to fight all the NG+6 enemies in the forest each time I die. x_x
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#2haarlem1982Posted 9/18/2013 5:07:55 AM
O__O

TMK started pvp......????? Cool xD and it seems you weren't doing half bad either.

Anyways, as high sl you can always host, Burg and Township are usually pretty active.

Happy hunting!
---
You need people like me so you can point your f***ing fingers, and say: that's the bad guy.
psn demonchild82, MILFeaterManfred, ScrubbyMcCasul
#3The moonlight knight(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 5:11:21 AM(edited)
Wow, seriously? I could get invaded in Burg at my level? O_o

Also, I think the only reason I did okay so far is because of my eclectic range of options. I assume people are more used to fighting builds, so someone who can fast roll with Havel's Shield, tear you up with dex weapons while casting 50 intelligence sorceries is trickier.

In fact I landed a crystal soul spear on someone and it was the only clean hit with it I ever saw and I think I got that hit through sheer shock value as if they were paying any attention to my equipment I seriously doubt they expected me to fire that.
---
#4cruzateuPosted 9/18/2013 5:10:25 AM
Y-Yo-You lost? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

try anor londo or the parish, best places with a crappy internet.
#5The moonlight knight(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 5:12:21 AM
cruzateu posted...
Y-Yo-You lost? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

try anor londo or the parish, best places with a crappy internet.

I think I lost like, 12 or 13 times, won around...9. Well, two of those were double teams, though.
---
#6cruzateuPosted 9/18/2013 5:13:05 AM
I forgot burg and township that the other onr said.

A fun way to start is RP or rags to riches
#7The moonlight knight(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 5:16:37 AM
Hm, it'll take awhile to get to Township though, especially with me having GTA5 now...

Because I'm literally right after the tutorial, and just ran through Valley of Drakes (saw a funny bloodstain of someone getting beat up by the undead dragon) and then up to the forest. I guess I can work my way back to the Burg though and give that a lookie-loo. I just need to keep Taurus alive, right? I think that's what I've seen folks say they do.

I assume I won't be able to partake in JOLLY COOPERATION at my level. I imagine everyone at my level has little use for help. Unless they're a nooby mule character but it'd be lame to be summoned into like, a fresh playthrough with someone maxed with their gear and stuff destroying NG bosses. >_>
---
#8The moonlight knight(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 5:21:04 AM
On second thought, I assume I could drop my golden soul sign in the forest and see if someone summons me to help them gank.

Then I could just stand back and watch the fight instead.
---
#9KDTProjektPosted 9/18/2013 5:41:51 AM
The moonlight knight posted...
Wow, seriously? I could get invaded in Burg at my level? O_o.

Darkwraiths can invade anyone at a higher level than them. At your level I'd be surprised if you could be in human form anywhere and NOT get invaded. :)
#10Proudleaf24Posted 9/18/2013 5:53:03 AM
Posting in legendary topic. Hell hath freezed. The day of reckoning has come. All shall return to darkness. Welcome, our new lord, has returneth.
---
You're gonna love my nuts