Welp, I PvP'd for a couple of hours.

#41The moonlight knight(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 7:37:20 AM
Pursuers seem pretty great against me especially since they seem to hit me like 2 seconds before they actually hit me, though sometimes 1 second, and seem as if they're dead angling me somehow.

I've also found some use in crystal soul spears. Even if it doesn't hit them it still gives them something to have to avoid, and after tossing a couple, casting soulmass instead making them waste a dodge, to then go back to a soul spear alongside the soulmass furthers their hassle, while I'm fairly free to go in and melee them.

I've used these spells to turn someone backing away briefly, perhaps to regain stamina, into someone put heavily on the defensive who isn't regaining much stamina while they keep dodging.

Plus if one DOES happen to hit, man does it hit hard. There's little reason for me to even go for a backstab if someone retreats to heal if I have crystal soul spears as I could probably 2-shot anyone with it.

It's just a nice extra thing to pepper in with buffs and utility spells. I suspect at some point I'll want to try Sen's Fortress, assuming there's ANYONE invading who'd even reach me. And I'll want Fall Control in plentiful supply there. I have 10 attunement slots so I may as well use them, at any rate.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#42BombayNugzPosted 9/20/2013 8:09:17 AM
Spells have always lagged, learn the timing and roll straight through em, should never cause any change in your gameplan in DkS. DeS they were a threat, DkS no.
---
Nebraska Cornhuskers 2-1
PSN: BOMBAYNUGZ420
#43Proudleaf24Posted 9/20/2013 8:34:07 AM
DarkSoul28 posted...
Sorceries are pretty bad for pvp.

45 dex dark bead is pretty gud. You just need to offlock and aim it.
---
You're gonna love my nuts
#44The moonlight knight(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 8:51:46 AM
BombayNugz posted...
Spells have always lagged, learn the timing and roll straight through em, should never cause any change in your gameplan in DkS. DeS they were a threat, DkS no.

The timing I suspect changes for me. That's the main problem. Not just it being counter-intuitive timing due to lag. Satellite internet is very unstable, so the exact lag varies wildly. I saw this in speedtest, too. The download test was like a /|/\_/\/ pattern. It has rapid spikes then drops dead completely. It's not JUST that it's slow/low speed, and that it's high latency, but the actual signal and download speed are unstable.

This would also explain why in a single fight with one person, I've experienced lag ranging from "this isn't too bad, just a moderate delay" to "Whole animations they're doing seem to not being shown and they're hitting me from 25 yards away and my attacks take several seconds to take effect on them" >_>
---
#45EWGFPosted 9/20/2013 9:09:08 AM
BombayNugz posted...

Besides Oki Cloud and RFS everything was trash... even ToggleBall/ToggleRay were't very good.
---
Soulcraft Science.
PSN: E-W-G-F
#46The moonlight knight(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 9:29:15 AM
Oh by the way. How feasible is it to backstab someone who's doing that whole reverse Wrath thing that bypasses shields? Because that'd be a neat way to deal with that annoying...glitch thing.
---
#47WATAUGACJPosted 9/20/2013 9:31:56 AM
The moonlight knight posted...
Oh by the way. How feasible is it to backstab someone who's doing that whole reverse Wrath thing that bypasses shields? Because that'd be a neat way to deal with that annoying...glitch thing.

If you roll through the wrath you can bs them very easily if they are trying to dead angle you. If they are cancelling it though that becomes a little trickier unless you swap for DWGR and lolroll though all their casts.
---
PSN :WATAUGACJ, DomhnallOfZena, IndianLoveCat
Don't look at that! Look at this!
#48BombayNugzPosted 9/20/2013 10:13:04 AM
EWGF posted...
BombayNugz posted...

Besides Oki Cloud and RFS everything was trash... even ToggleBall/ToggleRay were't very good.

Yeah but at least you could hit someone if they were in front of you, and not blast everything over their head.
---
Nebraska Cornhuskers 2-1
PSN: BOMBAYNUGZ420
#49AtrabiliousPosted 9/20/2013 10:16:25 AM
The moonlight knight posted...

Rollbs.

While Dead Angled WoG's can be pretty terrifying, it doesn't make it any harder to roll (generally speaking; your internet situation probably doesn't do you any favours in this regard). If you can roll it successfully they're offering up their backs to you for a bs, so yeah.
---
| Xbox 360: Atrabilious/ClassiestFiddle/Phantom Ostrava/Godsbane Blade |
| PS3: Jazzy_Bones/PhantomOstrava |
#50The moonlight knight(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 10:18:53 AM
I've had little success dodging anything really. I've tried rolling about when it'd visually make sense to, or rolling as I see the attack start, between that...just kinda seems very random.
---