Worst Weapon in the Game...

#51moodyjm2Posted 9/25/2013 7:26:09 AM
Whips.

Terrible damage and you can't riposte or backstab.
---
This is a rock and roll takeover, living each day one night at a time.
#52spikes_dimakPosted 9/25/2013 8:17:42 AM
BigWilliePlays posted...
Proudleaf24 posted...
Truth be told, the Uchigatana/Iiato probably is the best weapon from a PvE standpoint. ENB hyped the Gscythe, but with a high stability shield and a katana, there's absolutely no enemy you'll have trouble against, and bosses continue to be a breeze into ng7 (assuming you're buffing the Uchia/Iiato).

From a PvP standpoint, the holy square of...

Demon's Spear
Silver Knight Spear
Chaos Blade
Estoc

Are the top tier.

Uchi is really good; no disagreement from me on that. In the end, the best weapon is whatever has your favorite moveset while matching your stats, and the worst iirc is the Demon's Catalyst. If it's the one I'm thinking of, there is literally never a point where it beats out the other options. I know, I know, not a "weapon" but damn me that thing needs a reason to exist other than the lore it drops on us.

Nice to see you around. A million thanks for the beta vid.
---
PSN: spikespiegels and spikes_the_dude
Still playing dork souls jolly co-op, 2v2s, dueling, random invasions and casting sometimes twitch.tv/spikespiegel7
#53AtrabiliousPosted 9/25/2013 9:43:57 AM
I don't even know why the Pike's running R1 is even relevant.

All you do with a spear is 2h and poke with vanilla R1's. By virtue of being a long spear, it is automatically better than most weapons in the game. The fact that it's buffable is just gravy. Pike is good.

Vamos' hammer. That's a piece of crap.

Even with the stone greataxes ridiculous-in-every-way features and requirements, at least it hurts if you hit someone with it. I remember goofing around in the FC against Zenon I think, using Vamos' hammer. Like 5 backstabs later and he was still in pretty good shape to continue trashing me with a whip, lols.
---
| Xbox 360: Atrabilious/ClassiestFiddle/Phantom Ostrava/Godsbane Blade |
| PS3: Jazzy_Bones/PhantomOstrava |
#54The moonlight knightPosted 9/25/2013 9:58:31 AM
BigWilliePlays posted...
and the worst iirc is the Demon's Catalyst. If it's the one I'm thinking of, there is literally never a point where it beats out the other options. I know, I know, not a "weapon" but damn me that thing needs a reason to exist other than the lore it drops on us.

It is inferior for casting spells, but it can become a surprisingly powerful melee weapon. I'm not surprised you don't know that though as Mugenmonkey doesn't even bother listing its AR so this is sort of a hidden fact that you'd have to actually look at it with good stats to notice. It took me hundreds of hours before I noticed this.

Worst weapons are
vamos hammer

Sure.

Ghost blade

Unfortunately.

Jagged ghost blade

No. It's obviously not endgame material but early on (in fact all the way to Anor Londo) it is extremely powerful and anyone can use it. It's far better than Drake Sword.

Mail breaker (as primary weapon, offhand it's not so bad)

Meh.

Whip (notched isn't that bad)

They all seem bad to me.

Stone greataxe

Definitely.

Dagger

Dagger is the fastest weapon in the game. It's faster than Bandit Knife. While it has less critical and no bleed, it has the same AR as Bandit Knife but attacks faster. Buffed, it could produce a pretty shocking amount of DPS.

Lucerne (useable, but still in the bad category)

I don't see why. It's really not particularly different from Halberd. Its R1 is a bit weirder to use, and it's lighter. Seems like a fair trade off to me.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#55Fa1nTyPosted 9/25/2013 10:10:28 AM
mail breaker and daggers at least have critical modifiers and can do big damage with backstabs

the regular whip... cannot, because it cannot even backstab, it is by far the worst weapon

and before anyone says "oh but you cannot parry it"

You don't need to parry the whip, it does so little damage that any other weapon can just R1 spam you and they will win out in a DPS race.
---
PSN : Fa1nT6
Dark Souls Tips - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB557B8555A0AD36A&feature=plcp
#56moodyjm2Posted 9/25/2013 10:26:55 AM
Fa1nTy posted...
mail breaker and daggers at least have critical modifiers and can do big damage with backstabs

the regular whip... cannot, because it cannot even backstab, it is by far the worst weapon

You don't need to parry the whip, it does so little damage that any other weapon can just R1 spam you and they will win out in a DPS race.

Forgot about the normal whip. Where do you even get it?

And yeah, it's definitely the worst.
---
This is a rock and roll takeover, living each day one night at a time.
#57The moonlight knightPosted 9/25/2013 10:28:01 AM
I'd sooner PvP with Whip than Vamos' Hammer.

It's in Blighttown. You have to drop down before the last upper fog gate.
---
#58Fa1nTyPosted 9/25/2013 10:28:44 AM
moodyjm2 posted...
Fa1nTy posted...

Forgot about the normal whip. Where do you even get it?

And yeah, it's definitely the worst.

it's in upper blight town, that place nobody goes besides to grab the shadow set and iaito

it's on one of the wooden planks in the big circle area with the dragon scale
---
PSN : Fa1nT6
Dark Souls Tips - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB557B8555A0AD36A&feature=plcp
#59The moonlight knightPosted 9/26/2013 12:25:27 PM
Regarding demon catalyst, at my overly high stats it has an attack power of: 515ish. I forgot the exact value, but I believe it was +82 physical, +153 fire.

So, alongside its base attack power that's 192 physical, 323 fire.

For perspective, a Chaos Claymore with 10 humanity has... apparently, 250/289 attack power. 539 total.
---