DkS2 crap.

#1geneocidePosted 9/29/2013 1:04:54 AM
So they limited summoning to cut down on ganking then they put in way of the blue to help Gank? It makes 0 sense. Why limit summoning then?
---
*Hops on Sony Pony.* Onward my loyal legion of Nintendrones and Xbots!
Ahh! My ding ding dong!
#2Fa1nTyPosted 9/29/2013 1:45:02 AM
To discourage "Honor dueling"

An invader is supposed to dragonslayer bow snipe you off cliffs and stuff.

They are supposed to run away and wait until you get ganked by 5 enemies and then run in.

Invaders are supposed to hide with camo and backstab you as you walk by.
---
PSN : Fa1nT6
Dark Souls Tips - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB557B8555A0AD36A&feature=plcp
#3Endless_NightPosted 9/29/2013 5:12:25 AM
To see people like you cry 'unfair'.
---
Everything stemmed from Chaos, Aligned to Cosmos, Brought forth by Space, Woven with Time and Governed by Gravity.
#4DJ_0000Posted 9/29/2013 6:33:48 AM(edited)
The limit is stop people from powering through the game for the host but they were also afraid that throwing new players in the deep end with constant invasions might be too harsh. I don't think ganking was really the main motivation for this change.
---
PSN: gatewaytohell | Kahlan | lv 200 | Sorcerer & PSN: gatewaytohellalt | Kara | lv 200 | Fighter
PSN: gatewaytohellal2 | Iris | lv 200 | Strider
#5newjerseyplayerPosted 9/29/2013 7:56:27 AM
I like this covenant. Means I won't get roflbackstabbed to death.

I might be able to use my Great Club without fear of getting a Rapier shoved up my anal cavity.
---
{]xxxx[}::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::> PSN: rjlikestv
Yes I believe in Jesus Christ. He is our Saviour.
#6Nick_Chaos007Posted 9/29/2013 9:43:21 AM
geneocide posted...
So they limited summoning to cut down on ganking then they put in way of the blue to help Gank? It makes 0 sense. Why limit summoning then?

they didn't limit the summon time to cut down on ganking you boob.

They limited the summon time so you don't summon someone right at the beginning of the level and they just clear the entire floor for you. White phantoms were never meant to stick around forever, the fact that you could just sit around with them to PvP was always a flaw but this change was strictly directed as an environment change not a PvP change.

Phantoms time limit also reduce everything they kill something as well. So the more they kill the shorter their duration.
---
Kill one man, You're a murderer. Kill 1,000 men, You're a king. Kill them all....and You're a god!
#7geneocide(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2013 12:39:49 PM
It's still completely stupid. I am very discourage with how the coop is getting treated in this game currently and Dark Souls had no reason to be in a coop covenant. I just hope there is a covenant that fixes this time constraint. I mean I love the PvP as much as the next guy but I still like Coop.
---
Ahh! My ding ding dong!
#8LoshadtPosted 9/29/2013 12:51:25 PM(edited)
What's completely stupid is babbies summoning their twink patrol to clear the way for them while they stand back and heal them with Estus. This is an improvement in every way, you can still summon phantoms to give you the edge in tough situations and at the same time are not capable of carrying your ass the entire time.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.
#9Snipa_Wulf12Posted 9/29/2013 12:55:40 PM
You can still gank and get twinked with this system.

There is no limit on how many times you can summon a phantom, just how long they last. Invaders have a time limit on invasions as well so if you really are scared of getting roflstomped; just run away and hide until the invader is forced to leave. No more 50 minute hide and seek sessions thankfully.

As a very proud D-bag of an invader, I see this system making things more interesting, not more difficult.
---
PSN:Snipa_Wulf Stay awhile, and loot things.
Lvl 38 Demon Hunter/ Lvl 49 Monk
#10geneocide(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2013 12:56:40 PM
Loshadt posted...
What's completely stupid is babbies summoning their twink patrol to clear the way for them while they stand back and heal them with Estus. This is an improvement in every way, you can still summon phantoms to give you the edge in tough situations and at the same time are not capable of carrying your ass the entire time.

And for the twinks, me wanting to play with friends should suffer? Yeah thats fair. Really was there no other way to fix twinks outside of screwing everyone over? Improvement my ass.
---
Ahh! My ding ding dong!