Dark Souls II Stat/Leveling/Weapon Stats

#11shadowsofdawnPosted 9/30/2013 8:07:33 AM
Loshadt posted...
{[909027, Break ATK
The power to damage enemy equipment.
Improves with strength.]}

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#12shadowsofdawnPosted 9/30/2013 8:11:13 AM
99 STR scraping great club FTW
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#13moodyjm2Posted 9/30/2013 8:33:28 AM
shadowsofdawn posted...
Loshadt posted...
{[909027, Break ATK
The power to damage enemy equipment.
Improves with strength.]}

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

It is a nice touch. However will it be "Acid Cloud" effective? I hope a few smashes at high STR can break light equipment. I would think STR would also reduce stamina from blocking

Agility looks to be a very important stat. I hope it doesn't become the new Dex.
---
This is a rock and roll takeover, living each day one night at a time.
#14moodyjm2Posted 9/30/2013 8:34:44 AM
Loshadt posted...
moodyjm2 posted...
So Resistance is still useless? Haha.

It looks to be significantly less useless though. All I have is the description of the stats, not the degree to which they actually influence their governed stats. For all we know it could be the only way to boost defense.

Well we do know that armor increases defense from the dump above. There would be no point to armor if it didn't increase defense.
---
This is a rock and roll takeover, living each day one night at a time.
#15SORS_IMMANISPosted 9/30/2013 8:48:50 AM(edited)
moodyjm2 posted...
Agility looks to be a very important stat. I hope it doesn't become the new Dex.

If they enable the ninja-flip at a certain dexterity then it's basically going to become the new automatic 40 points or whatever. Personally I don't think ninja-flip will be in the game though, the animations are all mocap, which is why they look so weird.
#16GrowshroomPosted 9/30/2013 8:49:59 AM
Remember when everyone was freaking out about that initial interview where the Dark Souls II director said he wanted to make the game more "accessible?" This is what he meant. Thorough explanations and clear numbers for all stats and stat increases at the level up screen; this text dump reads like a D&D handbook. No more will new players have to look online to find out what each stat does and how to best allocate their souls.
---
+50 HP
Shoot the mask to hear more
#17EWGFPosted 9/30/2013 8:51:03 AM
I read somewhere's that Hexes will be alike self/opponent auras. There is apparently one that reflects pyromancies, and TWoP one.
---
Soulcraft Science.
PSN: E-W-G-F
#18SORS_IMMANISPosted 9/30/2013 8:53:39 AM
Growshroom posted...
Remember when everyone was freaking out about that initial interview where the Dark Souls II director said he wanted to make the game more "accessible?" This is what he meant. Thorough explanations and clear numbers for all stats and stat increases at the level up screen; this text dump reads like a D&D handbook. No more will new players have to look online to find out what each stat does and how to best allocate their souls.

Tbh, the most important thing they need to do is properly explain the invincibility frames on the dodge.
#19GrowshroomPosted 9/30/2013 9:41:53 AM
{[909039, Trap disabling
Chance of disabling traps on objects like chests.
Improves with agility.]}

Interesting. Thief class roleplaying will be possible.
---
+50 HP
Shoot the mask to hear more
#20BombayNugzPosted 9/30/2013 9:44:40 AM
So uh... Quality builds will be king? Ability to break gear, improves poison/bleed damage... Just gotta get the breakpoints correct.
---
Nebraska Cornhuskers 3-1
PSN: BOMBAYNUGZ420