so, in finally beat the game... and just ONE thing bugs me...

#1NightmareGammaPosted 10/12/2013 10:11:19 AM
The final Boss!

Hell was I pumped when I got to him, but I already calmed down as soon as I entered.
The first time I tried him I've got beaten! he got ridiculous reach and power! and I had a +10 Elite Knight Set!

I first thought the fight was really enjoyable and but... that was until I found out that he actually can be killed easily by just riposting his attacks... after I (accidentally) learned that he CAN BE riposted, the fight was over faster than even Queelag.

But that's not even the reason why the battle bugs me...

without spoiling much (hah, if anyone would care right now, but still). The last Boss is actually a character that was talked about a LOT in the game, and was also mentioned in lots of Item Discripitons. In fact, he is the most important character in Dark Souls..
and for that, this Boss was done really bad...

on top of making this Boss easy by just riposting, he got not even an Intro... I mean, lot#s of Bosses, most not even talked about in the game or not much at least, got awesome introductions... him?
Enter the fog gate, battle starts. That really killed a lot of atmosphere for me...

Except that one thing, the entire rest of the game was just AWESOME!!! Without a doubt one of, if not THE BEST game of all time!

So, now excuse me... I have to go to my second run =)
---
#2DJ_0000Posted 10/12/2013 10:15:16 AM
I thought he was one of the best before the DLC came out. He is a mindless hollow, a shell of his former self because he was too afraid to lose his power, the atmosphere and music were just awesome. He's a good fight if you don't use the parry/riposte strategy as well, I would say he's the hardest boss in the game, including the DLC if you choose not to parry him.
---
PSN: gatewaytohell | Kahlan | lv 200 | Sorcerer & PSN: gatewaytohellalt | Kara | lv 200 | Fighter
PSN: gatewaytohellal2 | Iris | lv 200 | Strider
#3NightmareGamma(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 10:47:26 AM
DJ_0000 posted...
I thought he was one of the best before the DLC came out. He is a mindless hollow, a shell of his former self because he was too afraid to lose his power, the atmosphere and music were just awesome. He's a good fight if you don't use the parry/riposte strategy as well, I would say he's the hardest boss in the game, including the DLC if you choose not to parry him.

Yes, without parrying, this Boss would be much more awesome!

Yes, he might be a hollow at this point, but still, getting at least a proper introduction would be nice...
him, sitting at the bonfire, and then standing up, seeing that someone came, enchanting his Sword with Fire and let the battle begin... that would already be enough.

Also, I'm not sure about the difficulty. Yes, he is hard as f***, but I still think that the DLC Boss was much harder (but that could also be because I thought him without help... didn't noticed the summon sign while being in the Fight <_<').

And I think I wouldn't have defeated the DLC Boss in my first try if I wouldn't have found that silver pendant... that was REALLY useful!
---
#4elfmirfkinnPosted 10/12/2013 11:02:49 AM
The two bosses I was most disappointed with are iron golem and centipede demon.

I thought Gwen was very difficult. I only recently learned he can be parried as well. Last time I killed him, I did it with Priscilla's dagger and parrying dagger.
---
---PSN: elfmirfkin---
http://youtu.be/eMhQAvpq1F4
#5NightmareGamma(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 11:10:21 AM
elfmirfkinn posted...

I thought Gwen was very difficult. I only recently learned he can be parried as well. Last time I killed him, I did it with Priscilla's dagger and parrying dagger.

well I actually liked Iron golem.
centipede was okay I guess...

The most dissappointing Boss, BUT ONLY IN TERMS OF DIFFICULTY, was Knight Artorias...
Here it was the opposite to gwyn:
A really cool Intro, which makes you really nervous, but an somewhat underwhelming fight...
it was a cool fight, stylish, and artorias is a real badass!

However, if you know to dodge properly, this can become one of the more easier Boss Fights in the game... and his attacks really are not that hard to read!

Actually, Hawkeye (yes, before I finished the game, I killed all the NPC's...) was much harder than Artorias.
---
#6JollyCoopPosted 10/12/2013 11:20:09 AM
For all the guys that find gwynn or any other boss dissapointing, i invite all of you to coop a boss with me and my sl5 in ng+8 :P

Boss i don't like: centipede because i can't see anything he obscures my whole view. All others are fun.

Gwynn is allso easy without riposte, just bait his fly attack and smack him with reinforced club 2 handed. Repeat.
---
PSN: JollyCoop, Bolke
#7ArchMageSynokPosted 10/12/2013 11:30:05 AM
congrats, I have to agree with DJ on this one though, I loved the tone and music, and the fight is fun if you don't parry the crap out of him, I usually fight him normally then use a parry to finish him in epic Dark Lord style.

Also if you haven't gotten the DLC, it is great, I don't care much for the standard enemies in it, but the boss fights are the best in the game imo, and you get some good gear and magic, plus a top hat.
---
http://i.imgur.com/UNFgs.jpg
#8Grimmgamer13Posted 10/12/2013 12:14:08 PM
NightmareGamma posted...
elfmirfkinn posted...

well I actually liked Iron golem.
centipede was okay I guess...

The most dissappointing Boss, BUT ONLY IN TERMS OF DIFFICULTY, was Knight Artorias...
Here it was the opposite to gwyn:
A really cool Intro, which makes you really nervous, but an somewhat underwhelming fight...
it was a cool fight, stylish, and artorias is a real badass!

However, if you know to dodge properly, this can become one of the more easier Boss Fights in the game... and his attacks really are not that hard to read!

Actually, Hawkeye (yes, before I finished the game, I killed all the NPC's...) was much harder than Artorias.

I really enjoyed the Artorias fight. Finally getting to meet him, let alone go toe to toe, made all his hype worth it. The are only two things that bothered me about that fight.

First, his arm is broken, so he is weakened and couldn't wield his shield even if he had it. I wish we could have fought a full strength, fully equipped Artorias who could block or parry our attacks (even as a BP), that would have been awesome.

Second, they cut his freaking dialogue!!! You can go to the wiki and read it, but it would have made the battle much more epic if they had left it in. "Ah, Sif, there you are *cough* All of you, forgive me. For I have availed you nothing." :(
#9Dbz4lyfePosted 10/12/2013 2:02:19 PM

fully equipped Artorias who could block or parry our attacks (even as a BP), that would have been awesome.

I don't think Artorias shield can parry, it bashes I believe

Second I think the most disappointing boss is Seath. I mean seriously, it's a dragon that, when seen in the opening CGI, looks Bad-A. Then you fight the thing in the crystal cave and all it can do is slowly waddle over to you, not fly or run, waddle. How the hell did he get on top of all those dead dragon bodies in the opening, flying? His whole design feels stiff, just watch him crash into the crystal cave, his lower bottom doesn't even move like it's a ball of steel or something. It just felt like a poorly planned boss, a dragon that can't fly, doesn't move fast, and looks like his body was fused to a giant ball through some crazy science experiment. I much rather would have fought him in that large open area before crystal cave, and had him be able to fly and be much more mobile then he was.
#10NightmareGamma(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 3:01:33 PM
Dbz4lyfe posted...

fully equipped Artorias who could block or parry our attacks (even as a BP), that would have been awesome.

I don't think Artorias shield can parry, it bashes I believe

Second I think the most disappointing boss is Seath. I mean seriously, it's a dragon that, when seen in the opening CGI, looks Bad-A. Then you fight the thing in the crystal cave and all it can do is slowly waddle over to you, not fly or run, waddle. How the hell did he get on top of all those dead dragon bodies in the opening, flying? His whole design feels stiff, just watch him crash into the crystal cave, his lower bottom doesn't even move like it's a ball of steel or something. It just felt like a poorly planned boss, a dragon that can't fly, doesn't move fast, and looks like his body was fused to a giant ball through some crazy science experiment. I much rather would have fought him in that large open area before crystal cave, and had him be able to fly and be much more mobile then he was.

oh he can fly, it is seen when you enter his Boss Fight the first time =)

About the Artorias Thing: Yes, that would have been awesome!!!

I also would like to get an undamaged Armor of him, because we can also get the undamaged Sword and Shield!

I thought that they could have done this in DLC, I thought about this:

You can only acquire the repaired Armor in NG+ or higher, and only if you have the Abyss Greatsword and Artorias Damaged Armor and shield all on +5.

in NG+, finish the entire DLC (Including saving Sif, but except Kalameet) BEFORE you fight Sif!
When you defeat Artorias, you have to give his Soul to Ciaran and you don't kill her and Hawkeye.
You then have to fight Sif and get the Covenant of Artorias Ring.
After the Battle, if you go closer to the grave and have the complete Artorias Armor, Sword and Shield on +5 equipped, you can interact with the Grave and the Soul of Artorias will appear, thanking you for releasing him from the Abyss by killing him, put an rest to Sif, who actually never left the Grave and is finally "free".

Because he was never be able to thank the player before, Artorias will merge his Soul with the damaged Armor, if the player agrees to his request, which is to bring the Armor back to this grave once the Chosen has fulfilled his duty. if you agreed, he will merge with the armor, and it will repair to the "Gift of Artorias Set", which is actually the repaired armor of him.

NOW that would have been AWESOME =D especially if you then use the Greatsword of Artorias and the Greatshield of Artorias ;)
---