That awkward moment when you beat somebody's phantom and they start to turtle...

#1VampyreFoxPosted 10/13/2013 2:44:10 PM
Juh-feel?
---
The official vampire eccentric of the Skyrim boards.
#2R1masherPosted 10/13/2013 2:46:53 PM
That awkward moment after reading juh-feel
---
R1R1R1R1R1R1
#3Ryan_SilverFoxPosted 10/14/2013 5:16:07 AM
A long time ago, I had some fun in the forest phantoming up with a random player for some goofing around against invaders (not specificly ganking... we'd often pull back when the other was engaging). At one point, we had two forest hunters show up within a minute of each other. So, we paired off and separated the phantoms to take them on separately.

All my opponent would do the entire fight is turtle behind his shield with a spear, circling around me constantly trying for a backstab. It was really pathetic overall, since I countered his movements and got in a hit when he failed an attack. That caused him to back off (still turtling), ending up at the cliff's edge near Alvina's spot.

I decided to teach him a lesson on how turtling can fail. Keeping within 2 or so weapon's reach from him, I switched over to my pyro flame and unleashed my trump card at the time, Fire Tempest. Since his back was to the cliff, he had nowhere to run... so when a pillar of flame caught him, it send him flying over the edge.
#4AlltraPosted 10/14/2013 7:38:26 AM
I dunno if I'd call it "Awkward". It's more like...a strategic lull or ceasefire while you size each other up.
---
"Cute" is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#5VampyreFox(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 10:44:13 AM
Well, the opponent turtled for about 90 seconds without attacking. Soooo, I vanquished him.
---
The official vampire eccentric of the Skyrim boards.
#6KrokbergPosted 10/14/2013 10:49:10 AM
And then you change to your shotel and see the fear written on their face.
#7AlltraPosted 10/14/2013 10:50:00 AM
Must not have been aware of how easy it is to get around a shield, or the various methods of countering such attempts.
---
"Cute" is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.