Is it true Darkmoons can't invade PvE sinners who were never indicted ?

#1AuraslightPosted 10/14/2013 6:55:40 AM
Does that mean I'll not be able to cleanse the burg of the sinners that killed the Crestfallen dude ?
#2tlnPosted 10/14/2013 7:04:27 AM
It's not true. I got invaded by a Darkmoon player on my first playthrough after I had killed Priscilla but before I had seen any PvP action at all.
#3Auraslight(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 7:11:33 AM
tln posted...
It's not true. I got invaded by a Darkmoon player on my first playthrough after I had killed Priscilla but before I had seen any PvP action at all.

I remeber being invaded by a darkmoon too at the Kiln when I first started playing . I actually haven't invaded anyone back then .
#4shadowsofdawnPosted 10/14/2013 7:12:51 AM
They can absolve away non-indictment sin, but most won't do that.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#5Temple_OwlsPosted 10/14/2013 7:32:09 AM
You can invade anyone who has any sin, the more sin you have the higher you go up in the Book of the Guilty and the easier it is for you to be invaded. But once a sinner always a sinner.

Killing NPCs/betraying covenant(which involves killing NPCs) can be absolved through Oswald, getting killed by a Darkmoon will absolve indictment sin, and killing Gwynevere or Gwyndolin will result in being tagged with sin until you finish the current playthrough.
---
PSN: sixthdeadlyvenom
XBL: SecondMile
#6Auraslight(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 7:39:00 AM
Temple_Owls posted...
You can invade anyone who has any sin, the more sin you have the higher you go up in the Book of the Guilty and the easier it is for you to be invaded. But once a sinner always a sinner.

Killing NPCs/betraying covenant(which involves killing NPCs) can be absolved through Oswald, getting killed by a Darkmoon will absolve indictment sin, and killing Gwynevere or Gwyndolin will result in being tagged with sin until you finish the current playthrough.

As far as I know killing Gwyndolin can be absolved unless I'm wrong.

By the way , avenging the crestfallen warrior on 5 worlds will reward you with crestfallen whip.
#7R1masherPosted 10/14/2013 8:00:59 AM
Could be true, psn I'd goes into the book so starting a different character slot that hasn't been indicted would have the stain of sin
---
R1R1R1R1R1R1
#8ReahThorolundPosted 10/14/2013 8:12:31 AM
I like to save quotes from people for times like these and this is what I got.

illusorywall posted...
you can only target hosts who are logged in the Book of the Guilty

illusorywall posted...
I did a bit of Sin testing, here's what I believe to be the case:

Killing Gwyndolin doesn't actually cause permanent sin. It can be absolved by Oswald just like any other "PvE sin" (all sin that isn't caused by indictments). I realize this goes against what is said by Gwyndolin (something about an 'eternal curse upon thee'), but I found that I can absolve it just like any other "PvE sin". Nor does it add you in the Book of the Guilty, or what I call "PvP sin".

Killing the illusion of Gwynevere is what causes permanent PvE sin. Oswald will allow you the option to pay for Absolution, and immediately afterwards he will tell that you don't have Sin. However, this Sin refreshes and will eventually be placed on your character again Automatically. Having this sin on you opens you to Darkmoon invasions in Dark Anor Londo only, it doesn't open you to Blue Eye Orb invasions elsewhere. Unfortunately, I haven't yet checked if that resets in NG+, I would assume it does.

Dying to Darkmoon invaders does reduce your sin count, but this doesn't have anything to do with attacking NPCs. It only reduces the sin count that is caused by indictments.

It gets a little confusing talking about sin, because there are two different kinds that function independently of each other.

PvE Sin:
-Caused by attacking NPCs and certain bosses. It can be absolved by Oswald (asides from killing Gwynevere). Has no impact on normal Darkmoon invasions, asides from allowing invasions in Dark Anor Londo specifically. It is not cross-profile, it is character specific. It is not ever logged in the Book of the Guilty.

PvP Sin:
-Only caused by getting indicted, which then logs you in the Book of the Guilty and increases your rank by 1. It cannot be Absolved, but it can be removed by dying to Darkmoon invaders (reduces your rank by 1 each time). This opens you to Blue Eye Orb invasions. I haven't tested it yet, but it is arguably cross-profile. It is believed that your character can be invaded for another that is logged in the Book, because the game may be searching by gamertag/ profile-name only, which is all the Book logs. And because you can have multiple characters in there at a time, the game might not have a way of knowing the difference if all it is checking is if you're in there.

Requesting Absolution:
-Has NO bearing on Darkmoon invasions at all, it is only for resetting NPC hostility/ disapproval.

---
X>XIII>VIII>VII>XII>IV>VI>IX>V>III>II>I
Chaos Eater = washing machine tube piranha plants : Ghosttenks from Gfaqs