Still new players joining the game...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Still new players joining the game...
2 years ago#1
I coop-ed a bit in the Burg yesterday (SL1), half of the hosts were clearly new users , poking around, hitting the barrels, going for the firebombs throwers..

When Im sure they are new users I always give them gifts - usually BK gear, crystal weapons from Duke, or the silver knights stuff from Anor Londo (or the most important IMO - a long bow). I always think that if they stick around enough to level up and understands the stats they will really appreciate them.

2 years after launch .. and still new users coming in ... what an amazing game.
2 years ago#2
I wouldn't recommend dropping them upgraded stuff .
2 years ago#3
prinex posted...
2 years after launch .. and still new users coming in ... what an amazing game.

Agreed : )
2 years ago#4
Auraslight posted...
I wouldn't recommend dropping them upgraded stuff .

Seconded, it can be cool to get powerful gear but part of the game's experience is fighting and beating seemingly insurmountable odds to get that gear. Having really good gear (the silver armor would fall in that category, at least for SL1) trivializes some of the challenges of the beginning area.
2 years ago#5
I usually screw around with them for a while, drop some titanite, and let them kill me...
Dont want to ruin their game giving them op weapons...
---
PSN: Gixen99, Gixen_Almighty
2 years ago#6
I bought dark souls last month. Never heard of it before, just happened to pick it up and liked the description on the back. Best 9.99 I've ever spent!
2 years ago#7
Fresh fish (that's prison shower talk)
---
R1R1R1R1R1R1
2 years ago#8
I usual hang around them killing anyone that they summon. >_>
2 years ago#9
plctechnician posted...
I bought dark souls last month. Never heard of it before, just happened to pick it up and liked the description on the back. Best 9.99 I've ever spent!

If you finish the game and you want more, you're in luck. There's a predecessor called demons' souls, compared to dark souls it may play a little differently (for example, heavy armor's defense is nowhere near as good as plain simply dodging. In comparison, heavy armor in dark souls can make quite a difference. When it came to melee combat however, back in demons' souls, you could actually knock several of those huge bosses down in melee).

I certainly wouldn't miss demons' souls if I were you (in fact, I'm a bigger fan of demons' souls).
2 years ago#10
plctechnician posted...

This is always good to hear:)
---
---PSN: elfmirfkin---
http://youtu.be/eMhQAvpq1F4
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Still new players joining the game...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived