Still new players joining the game...

#1prinexPosted 10/16/2013 4:48:11 AM
I coop-ed a bit in the Burg yesterday (SL1), half of the hosts were clearly new users , poking around, hitting the barrels, going for the firebombs throwers..

When Im sure they are new users I always give them gifts - usually BK gear, crystal weapons from Duke, or the silver knights stuff from Anor Londo (or the most important IMO - a long bow). I always think that if they stick around enough to level up and understands the stats they will really appreciate them.

2 years after launch .. and still new users coming in ... what an amazing game.
#2AuraslightPosted 10/16/2013 5:33:32 AM
I wouldn't recommend dropping them upgraded stuff .
#3Drain_BeadPosted 10/16/2013 11:48:02 AM
prinex posted...
2 years after launch .. and still new users coming in ... what an amazing game.

Agreed : )
#4ExeneskPosted 10/16/2013 12:16:40 PM
Auraslight posted...
I wouldn't recommend dropping them upgraded stuff .

Seconded, it can be cool to get powerful gear but part of the game's experience is fighting and beating seemingly insurmountable odds to get that gear. Having really good gear (the silver armor would fall in that category, at least for SL1) trivializes some of the challenges of the beginning area.
#5GixenPosted 10/16/2013 12:29:32 PM
I usually screw around with them for a while, drop some titanite, and let them kill me...
Dont want to ruin their game giving them op weapons...
---
PSN: Gixen99, Gixen_Almighty
#6plctechnicianPosted 10/16/2013 5:48:20 PM
I bought dark souls last month. Never heard of it before, just happened to pick it up and liked the description on the back. Best 9.99 I've ever spent!
#7R1masherPosted 10/16/2013 5:56:16 PM
Fresh fish (that's prison shower talk)
---
R1R1R1R1R1R1
#8Flow_149Posted 10/16/2013 6:30:20 PM
I usual hang around them killing anyone that they summon. >_>
#9ExeneskPosted 10/16/2013 7:00:15 PM
plctechnician posted...
I bought dark souls last month. Never heard of it before, just happened to pick it up and liked the description on the back. Best 9.99 I've ever spent!

If you finish the game and you want more, you're in luck. There's a predecessor called demons' souls, compared to dark souls it may play a little differently (for example, heavy armor's defense is nowhere near as good as plain simply dodging. In comparison, heavy armor in dark souls can make quite a difference. When it came to melee combat however, back in demons' souls, you could actually knock several of those huge bosses down in melee).

I certainly wouldn't miss demons' souls if I were you (in fact, I'm a bigger fan of demons' souls).
#10elfmirfkinnPosted 10/16/2013 7:29:21 PM
plctechnician posted...

This is always good to hear:)
---
---PSN: elfmirfkin---
http://youtu.be/eMhQAvpq1F4