Still new players joining the game...

#11BrokenMessiahPosted 10/16/2013 7:46:23 PM
I just drop souls and humanity now. The souls actually are bad thing, since say you have a sl 10 and I give him enough souls to go to sl 60. Issue is his armor\weapons skill level etc is still on the sl 10 so he'd get murdered online against proper sl 60s.
---
GT: YusukeUrammeshi
#12OneironautsPosted 10/16/2013 7:49:48 PM
Sorry my english...

Last week, I went to look for some games and I remembered a friend telling me about two years ago how this game was hard... so picked this and a few others, including Skyrim and Bioshock Infinite. True is, I still haven't touched them. I totally dedicated all the free time I had over the past 10 days to play Dark Souls. What a BRILLIANT game. It's definitely one of my all time favorites right now...

It reminds me of my childhood, when I would be playing Final Fantasy 7 or Suikoden II for 15+ hours straight... Also, for some reason, Vagrant Story came to mind - which is a great game, btw.
---
This post was a success, everyone is commenting.
#13plctechnicianPosted 10/17/2013 3:45:19 AM
I completely agree. It was great to find a game that I actually loved. Last time that happened it was shadow of the colossus. Again, a game id never even heard of that I bought simply coz I liked the look of the box :)
#14GixenPosted 10/17/2013 4:03:48 AM
I had an insane invasion rate in Senīs yesterday. SL 11, and when i used the red eye i had insta invasions for 2 hours, invaded one guy twice, but aside from that all different psnīs all the time.
And the real crazy thing was that, iirc, NO ONE had gear they shouldnīt have at Senīs (unless they were NG+). And iīd say the vast majority was new players :D
---
PSN: Gixen99, Gixen_Almighty
#15JollyCoopPosted 10/17/2013 4:32:01 AM
Gixen posted...
I had an insane invasion rate in Senīs yesterday. SL 11, and when i used the red eye i had insta invasions for 2 hours, invaded one guy twice, but aside from that all different psnīs all the time.
And the real crazy thing was that, iirc, NO ONE had gear they shouldnīt have at Senīs (unless they were NG+). And iīd say the vast majority was new players :D

Crap i went through there hollow with my drakesword :p
---
PSN: JollyCoop, Bolke
#16elfmirfkinnPosted 10/17/2013 5:38:26 AM(edited)
Gixen posted...

There was crazy amount of invasions in anor londo two days ago too. Mostly new players. I got invaded by the same guy twice. He was wearing full havels and had the dragon tooth. Haha, fat rolling and all. He must've been at 100% equip load judging by the way he was walking. I sent him a "good game" for encouragement.
I've also noticed a lot of Darkmoon invading me lately. Maybe that's "the thing" now.

I wish they would put dark souls in playstation store.
---
---PSN: elfmirfkin---
http://youtu.be/eMhQAvpq1F4
#17X-PICU-XPosted 10/17/2013 7:13:07 AM
welcome to the fray to all newcomers of Dark Souls, never give up, never surrender just keep going YOU CAN DO IT!!!
---
PS3 ID: X-PICU-X
"life its simple...just take choices & never look back"
#18Whovian126Posted 10/17/2013 7:27:57 AM
Exenesk posted...
plctechnician posted...
I bought dark souls last month. Never heard of it before, just happened to pick it up and liked the description on the back. Best Ģ9.99 I've ever spent!

If you finish the game and you want more, you're in luck. There's a predecessor called demons' souls, compared to dark souls it may play a little differently (for example, heavy armor's defense is nowhere near as good as plain simply dodging. In comparison, heavy armor in dark souls can make quite a difference. When it came to melee combat however, back in demons' souls, you could actually knock several of those huge bosses down in melee).

I certainly wouldn't miss demons' souls if I were you (in fact, I'm a bigger fan of demons' souls).

I agree demon's souls was more fun
I started a new one two weeks ago
---
What this future holds for you Is a truth you'll find staring back at you from this world's utmost depths, arisen"-Grigori
Lowest chamber in everfall-hope