how hard is the game unpatched?

#1X-PICU-XPosted 10/16/2013 9:51:42 AM
I dont care if I get less souls, but the dificulty is what I want. I read a post bout someone mentioning some ninja_gaignun being a beast playing unpatched, thats why Im curious. Also, ring of steel protection is really that bad? it raise def with 50 points so it must make some diference, or havels its better? Im returning to the game cause DS2 & want to get better in pvp since I suck so much. Im not asking for build by the way, just if it a good idea to practice unpatched or it better to just pvp with randoms.
---
PS3 ID: X-PICU-X
"life its simple...just take choices & never look back"
#2The moonlight knightPosted 10/16/2013 9:58:19 AM
It's easier.

Unless you go "Oh well I won't use this, or that, or these things, or this other thing" and basically deliberately exclude every single thing in the unpatched game that is way stronger. And if you're going to go out of your way to limit yourself in all these different ways, may as well just do a patched SL1 always human run in NG+6.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#3AuraslightPosted 10/16/2013 10:00:45 AM
From the topic title I had guessed you were reading Ninja_Gaigun's crap.
I've heard that ai was more aggressive . I can't remeber but it wasn't bad.
---
There's only one thing that's real about this world. And that's us.
PSN : Auraslight / Auramist
#4KratierPosted 10/16/2013 10:33:46 AM
its way harder, a lot of people are delusional about the game's difficulty
before you couldnt buy all the stone types or any of the starting items,
now they practically hand them out for free, and i think they nerfed some enemies to be easier, its been a while since i played this game, but im fairly certain a boss at one point got nerfed
#5Whovian126Posted 10/16/2013 10:34:01 AM
X-PICU-X posted...
I dont care if I get less souls, but the dificulty is what I want. I read a post bout someone mentioning some ninja_gaignun being a beast playing unpatched, thats why Im curious. Also, ring of steel protection is really that bad? it raise def with 50 points so it must make some diference, or havels its better? Im returning to the game cause DS2 & want to get better in pvp since I suck so much. Im not asking for build by the way, just if it a good idea to practice unpatched or it better to just pvp with randoms.

Don't read that crap, I play I patched but that's cuz I don't have online to download them
---
"Is a truth you'll find staring back at you from this world's utmost depths"-Grigori(DD)
#6X-PICU-X(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 10:36:29 AM
well, ending the game 6 time its annoying... maybe? Also, I started a SL1 run but when I killed O&S I decide to stop cause didnt find it so dificult. If its more agressive then its fun. The reason why I dont pvp much its cause the lag, not always but when it happens it f*** me up. So its better to keep pvp with randoms & get used to the lag... sadly. Good thing that DS2 will have dedicated servers XD
---
PS3 ID: X-PICU-X
"life its simple...just take choices & never look back"
#7shin89510Posted 10/16/2013 11:42:30 AM(edited)
TC ive got a challenge for you. 1st of all, I highly recommend prepatch play. Offline this game shines, online brings a dark cloud over it. but anyway try this..

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=197865456141865358

will require you to get to ng+ and remember prepatch pyro mag adjust is 270. serious fun!
---
r1 r2 r1 r2 r2 - 4 all your respectable stun-locking needs
#8Sens-Hangar_18Posted 10/16/2013 11:45:40 AM
Only hard thing about it(if you don't cheat)is the lack of souls and farming.

...oh yeah try farming the darkwraiths, they pull in packs of 3+
---
Resistance is futile.
#9tlnPosted 10/16/2013 11:57:25 AM
I had a lot of trouble in NG+ and beyond when I went for the platinum the first time but an experienced player shouldn't have any trouble at all.
#10IFDragonPosted 10/16/2013 1:11:07 PM
if u arent against using glitches unpatched is far easier hell even if u play without glitches crystal ring shield made the game easy mode
---
Dark Arisen pawns PSN:ajmort696: Rachel lvl200 sorc
ALT:TheRandomEvent: Gustave lv200 rust ranger