whats the point of SL 1 runs if........

#51ChargedBusterPosted 11/27/2013 1:47:37 PM
the point of doing a soul level 1 run with a pyro build is because for a lot of "first attempt SL1" runs, it's much more about finding alternatives to overcoming the challenges the game presents to you without buffing your stats up as the answer. Pyromancy is one such solution, and players who succeed and beating it SL1 probably had a fun time figuring this out. I think the real question is, why do you give a Sh** if other players play the game this way? Let people have their moments, the community should be better than this garbage.
---
Xbox live: aimforthebushes
#52JollyCoopPosted 11/27/2013 1:54:16 PM
infamousralphst posted...
JollyCoop posted...
Seath in NG+7 still goes down with 4 or 5 great fireballs (didnt really count...) but you need to use all spell boosting gear, rtr and pw.

Four kings need more than 16 great combustions.

Nito was a nightmare for my sl5 char with 9 str, 11 dex. I cant 1 shot back stab his skelletons. But he was easy with sl10 with divine rapier hornets ring. Take out his minions and he goes down easily. With sl1 and hornets the skelletons also die from the reinforced club.

So yeah 10 soul levels make a world of difference!

LOL
5 great fireballs? You sir are full of s***. You sure you weren't on ng+.....

So try it out dude, i stand by my statement. Seath Ng+7 all it takes is 4/5 great fireballs!
---
PSN: JollyCoop, Bolke
#53JollyCoopPosted 11/27/2013 2:02:53 PM
AIreadylnUse posted...
JollyCoop posted...
Seath in NG+7 still goes down with 4 or 5 great fireballs (didnt really count...) but you need to use all spell boosting gear, rtr and pw.

Nito was a nightmare for my sl5 char with 9 str, 11 dex. I cant 1 shot back stab his skelletons. But he was easy with sl10 with divine rapier hornets ring. Take out his minions and he goes down easily. With sl1 and hornets the skelletons also die from the reinforced club.

On my sl5 I had 3 casts of gc for NG++, power within mapped to an attunement slot attached to a ring (so I could switch to dusk for the spell casts after I used it) and he still took all 36 casts. Two missed and probably 15 weren't affected by power within but it still seemed like absurd damage to take and not die. I had to finish him with a hand axe. So I gotta wonder, how much am I looking at for a NG+7 one?

Also I'm still able to 1hko the skellies with a divine hand axe and pw on ng++ so I have to imagine it'd still be possible on NG+7 using hornets and if necessary two handing the reinforced club (though it's obviously better if you can get it out of a weapon you can 1h). It's not like you need Bellowing at all times.

I haven't used pw in ng+7. But ng+7 with handaxe and hornet, the skellies with survive a backstab. I cant use red tearstone cause of his sword dance.

I'll try out how many gc for ng+7, normally i use darkbeads. It takes all 4 slots so somewhere between 19 and 24 dark beads. I'll make a youtube vid. But i don't use dusk crown ring, but red tearstone. Works a lot better :P
---
PSN: JollyCoop, Bolke
#54Frank_PoolePosted 11/27/2013 2:19:09 PM
You all got RALPHED
#55ProfessorbagPosted 11/27/2013 2:24:09 PM
I don't use pyromancy in my SL1 runs.
#56KDTProjektPosted 11/27/2013 2:29:21 PM
ChargedBuster posted...
the community should be better than this garbage.
#57jessdistressedPosted 11/27/2013 4:36:35 PM
A-2TheK posted...
jessdistressed posted...
i'm pretty sure the point is so you can legally wear the official SL1 fun run t-shirt, gain massive internet credibility, and add the accomplishment to your resume.

There's a t-shirt!!! Where the **** is my t-shirt???

they were discontinued for safety because this topic spammed pyro and made them burst into flames
---
psn/xbox: jessdistressed
#58WATAUGACJPosted 11/27/2013 4:47:39 PM
TC ams dum.
---
PSN :WATAUGACJ, DomhnallOfZena, IndianLoveCat
I am who I am. Who else could I be?
#59SGDonZPosted 11/27/2013 6:15:06 PM
Could someone change TC's diaper already?
---
\o/
#60AIreadylnUsePosted 11/27/2013 6:32:54 PM
JollyCoop posted...
AIreadylnUse posted...
JollyCoop posted...

On my sl5 I had 3 casts of gc for NG++, power within mapped to an attunement slot attached to a ring (so I could switch to dusk for the spell casts after I used it) and he still took all 36 casts. Two missed and probably 15 weren't affected by power within but it still seemed like absurd damage to take and not die. I had to finish him with a hand axe. So I gotta wonder, how much am I looking at for a NG+7 one?

Also I'm still able to 1hko the skellies with a divine hand axe and pw on ng++ so I have to imagine it'd still be possible on NG+7 using hornets and if necessary two handing the reinforced club (though it's obviously better if you can get it out of a weapon you can 1h). It's not like you need Bellowing at all times.

I haven't used pw in ng+7. But ng+7 with handaxe and hornet, the skellies with survive a backstab. I cant use red tearstone cause of his sword dance.

I'll try out how many gc for ng+7, normally i use darkbeads. It takes all 4 slots so somewhere between 19 and 24 dark beads. I'll make a youtube vid. But i don't use dusk crown ring, but red tearstone. Works a lot better :P

I thought you had 19 attunement for 5 slots on your level 10. I kind of suspected you'd need 4 for DB but the last could be used for pw right? Another trick is to equip one of the slot giving rings, map pw to your last slot and then remove it after you've used pw (didn't you show me that one?). This is effectively a free slot since you'll have both rings for the entire boss fight. pw will bring you into rts range so as soon as your 1.5x runs out you'll have 1.4x

You might have to heal instead of attacking once in a while but the kill should still be quicker if you couldn't use rts because of the dance before. As for the dance I find it really hard to dodge too, but if you wait for the right duration of time after his scream you can iframe roll it pretty predictably. I hope the next time I have to fight him I can get it down pat.