And now I remember why I stopped in the first place.

#1NicoGrimmPosted 11/27/2013 12:26:16 PM(edited)
Far as I can tell, my only optons after ringing the first bell are either Blighttown, or the Depths. And... I really don't want to go either of those.

It's not even that I'm finding them difficult. I think mostof the enemies are relatively fair, and I kill them pretty fast. It's the Curse thing from Depths, and the poison from Blightown that realy annoys me. Is there anything else I can do before going to those? I've killed the Butterfly boss already if that matters?

Also, if I have the pyro and wizard guys from the Depths, is there any reason to stick around for the boss? Or am I basically done?

For the record, I am NOT in any way complaining about the game. I've had it since release, and think it's absolutely amazing. It's jsut those 2 areas.
---
How dare the Gods work against me! I don't remember giving them permission.
#2infamousralphstPosted 11/27/2013 12:38:10 PM
New Londo?
Catacombs?

You can take the super secret shortcut to did you think there would be a hint
---
The guy ya'll love to hate
#3NicoGrimm(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2013 12:39:37 PM
New Londo is the place with the ghosts right? maybe that'll be fun.
---
#4shyguy08Posted 11/27/2013 1:24:58 PM
Why not just buy some purple moss from undead merchant in the shortcut, make a run to the bonfire in the swamp using the shortcut from valley of drakes, rest, and then do a quick run to quelaag to ring the second bell. That way, you can enjoy the rest of the game.
---
beaniee3000
Warrior of Sunlight: Shazam
#5NicoGrimm(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2013 1:55:36 PM
I like exploring. If I go to an area, I need to find every item, and loot everything.
---
#6Lord_EliwoodPosted 11/27/2013 2:22:43 PM
Blighttown isn't that bad once you get familiar with the layout and put those blowgun dudes out of their misery. The Depths are nothing special really.
#7Rimmer_DallPosted 11/27/2013 2:46:34 PM
You don't ever need to go down to the pit with the curse frogs. Besides, if you have some curse resistant gear you can pretty much stand in the cloud without trouble. They're only dangerous when you don't have resistance.
---
http://www.quakelive.com/#!profile/statistics/Cat
http://www.youtube.com/user/Rimmer7
#8AIreadylnUsePosted 11/27/2013 2:51:55 PM
If you've had this game for a while you might have traumatic memories of curse from your first playthrough. Curse build up is a joke after one of the patches, even if you're hit with the spit, so don't worry about it. Pretty much any armor and the ability to press circle is good enough to prevent it. No more triple/quad curse either.
#9BossDragoonPosted 11/27/2013 2:52:17 PM
you can skip gaping dragon completely. Just go down for the pyro guy and smith stone then bounce
---
our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt
#10NicoGrimm(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2013 5:36:35 PM
AIreadylnUse posted...
If you've had this game for a while you might have traumatic memories of curse from your first playthrough. Curse build up is a joke after one of the patches, even if you're hit with the spit, so don't worry about it. Pretty much any armor and the ability to press circle is good enough to prevent it. No more triple/quad curse either.

Wow, I am SO glad to hear that. Maybe I'll tackle Depths.
---