Convince me to play Demon's Souls.

#1agentpheonixPosted 12/5/2013 4:10:04 PM
I'll start by saying that I worship Dark Souls. I love everything about it. I've beaten it several times, made several characters, spent hours and hours researching the lore, gaining knowledge of the world, and generally immersing myself in the experience. One of my favorite games of all time.

Rewind two years ago, I had just purchased Demon's Souls, simply because I had heard all over the place that it was great. I played it for a handful of hours, but at the time wasn't used to the structure-less style of gameplay. Paired with my lack of knowledge of the game and the universe, and I swiftly stopped playing maybe ~10 hours in.

Is it worth going back to finish? To me, it just seems that DkS is the superior experience, so it's hard for me to want to return instead of, say, just starting another DkS playthrough.

So, convince me. Why should I go back to play DeS?
---
GT: Red Undead Now Playing: GTA V, Pokemon X
http://m-102.minus.com/ipPaN0GZBXpqY.gif
#2ShioonVailgloryPosted 12/5/2013 4:12:48 PM
It beats Dark Souls quite handily in many areas.
#3zyrax2301Posted 12/5/2013 4:14:29 PM
Because it defeated you the first time, go and get your balls back
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#4R1masherPosted 12/5/2013 4:21:04 PM
Because you'll want to before they shut the servers down.
---
R1R1R1R1R1R1
#5darealest47Posted 12/5/2013 4:24:40 PM
There weren't have been a dark souls without Demon's Souls
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#6copenhagenLongCPosted 12/5/2013 4:34:57 PM
Its far less sophisticated than dark souls. Less weapons, spells, no covenants, ect.

That being said its a great game. I platinumed it myself, and I bought it well after dark souls. Its scarier than dark souls is. Whereas dark souls is more like a middle ages black plague ravishing the continent plot, demons souls is more of a lovecraft monsters destroying the world type game. I highly recommend it. Keep in mind that theres no poise though, so your best bet is to just go with fast roll. Start off as the royalty class(same as sorcerer in DKs, but better) which will let you breeze through the game. Beware of tower of latria though. Its both scary in atmosphere, and scary i nthe fact that everywhere are pitfalls.
#7boodgenuminusPosted 12/5/2013 4:55:05 PM
It's pretty fun.
#8BulletReaperPosted 12/5/2013 5:07:11 PM
i think DeS beats DkS in some of the areas, mainly tower of latria which is really atmospheric and eerie, also if u love the lore of DkS ( as do i ) you will probably love the lore in DeS aswell.
---
GT - BulletReaper666
PSN - IXBulletReaperXI
#9copenhagenLongCPosted 12/5/2013 5:12:32 PM
BulletReaper posted...
i think DeS beats DkS in some of the areas, mainly tower of latria which is really atmospheric and eerie, also if u love the lore of DkS ( as do i ) you will probably love the lore in DeS aswell.

Demons souls lore is outright depressing. With dark souls, theres a glimmer of hope at the end.
#10ZennouPosted 12/5/2013 5:13:17 PM
copenhagenLongC posted...
Its far less sophisticated than dark souls. Less weapons, spells, no covenants, ect.

It's almost like they made it before Dark Souls, huh.

But yeah for the most part it's Dark Souls except everything is paced a little faster (which is something I personally prefer about it). Do it.