Who you are in real life, and how you would identify in a fantasy setting.

#1VampyreFoxPosted 12/23/2013 8:44:50 PM(edited)
I'm doing a psychological experiment. I know it sounds silly.

Give some details about yourself and your personality/behaviors/habits. All of that stuff.

And who would you be / who you would want to be in a fictional fantasy world. I know it sounds dorky but be as dorky as you want.

Because Dark Souls is fictional right? Some of us are playing a lot too, what does that say about some of us.

Juh-Feel
---
The official Fox eccentric of the Dark Souls boards.
#2bats17Posted 12/23/2013 8:25:13 PM
I'm Batman....
---
The training is nothing. The will is everything.
#3KDTProjektPosted 12/23/2013 9:00:00 PM(edited)
In real life I'm an introvert who suffers from an anxiety disorder, and fancies himself an artist, with mild to moderate bouts of depression. To cope, I drink which opens me up socially and makes me very outgoing and more amiable to be around. That also leads to drug use. My drugs of choice tend to aggravate serotonin and dopamine production, although I only use in moderation.

Dark souls is a rewarding game which also stimulates dopamine, due to it's artificial sense of reward, be it through crushing through and mastering PvE, or destroying people in PvP. It's social aspects also satisfy that part of my personality, and probably stimulates the release of oxytocin and serotonin due to the camaraderie I feel for the people I play with on a regular basis. I have an uncanny ability to get along with almost anyone I come across, or at least empathize with them on some level.

I saved you the chore of doing the psychoanalysis, I'm probably more grounded than that post makes me out to be.
#4Skavenger16101Posted 12/23/2013 8:51:16 PM
I can throw lighting bolts at will so id have to say solaire
---
---
Salvation is nothing- Nothing is salvation
#5bats17Posted 12/23/2013 8:53:38 PM
KDTProjekt posted...
In real life I'm an introvert who suffers from an anxiety disorder, and fancies himself an artist, with mild to moderate bouts of depression. To cope, I drink which opens me up socially and makes me very outgoing and more amiable to be around. That also leads to drug use. My drugs of choice tend to aggravate serotonin and dopamine production, although I only use in moderation.

Dark souls is a rewarding game which also stimulates dopamine, due to it's artificial sense of reward, be it through crushing through and mastering PvE, or destroying people in PvP. It's social aspects also satisfy that part of my personality, and probably stimulate the release of oxytocin and serotonin due to the camaraderie I feel for the people I play with on a regular basis. I have an uncanny ability to get along with almost anyone I come across, or at least empathize with them on some level.

I saved you the chore of doing the psychoanalysis, I'm probably more grounded than that post makes me out to be.

Pretty sure you get along with everybody because you're a straight up honest guy. There's nothing fake here. Great post brother. That pretty much described me before I had kids. Everything changes with kids. E was my poison of choice back then.
---
The training is nothing. The will is everything.
#6newjerseyplayerPosted 12/23/2013 9:26:07 PM
KDTProjekt posted...
The truth

I'm not an advocate of drinking or drugs (but kudos to you for at least having moderation), but this post is why I like you.
---
{]xxxx[}::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::> PSN: rjlikestv
Yes I believe in Jesus Christ. He is our Saviour.
#7ZenonDMAPosted 12/23/2013 10:03:39 PM(edited)
Pretty much what KDT said...minus the drugs.
I hate crowds of people, loud noises and idiocy. My ego is as big as the Eiffel Tower, which is somewhat damaging to me and my surroundings. I feel like I have a lot of stuff I want to do, but at the same time lazy as f***, so in the end I hover between decisions I'll never make, thus standing still in slowly moulding water. I like to put up a farce/other face even in my family circle, behaving to their satisfactory, I just don't want anymore questions and stay away as far away as possible emotionally. I like to start written sentences with "I", since I view myself as the most important being in my own life (I hate to do favors as well, matches up real good). And stuff.

In a fantasy setting? Someone that doesn't fail, no matter what. Also able to turn invisible and teleport ftw.
---
PSN: westcurry
http://imgur.com/R0r3qt9
#8robbie-rarkoPosted 12/23/2013 9:46:20 PM
good topic I was on just talking about this on another board . H was my drug of choice and to be honest video games really took my mind off of things when the going got tough and I think it really helped save my life. and I like what you said about the dopamine receptors in all of that because I really truly believe that you know sometimes playing those video games the same chemicals get released and also when I go to the store and drop that 60 bucks on the new video game instead of some heroin it still I still get that same rush almost you know that same good feeling but its more positive and its not killing me . back to the actual topic in games like Fallout and any game that gives you a choice between good and evil I always pick good even if I miss out on you know certain events because I'm good I always do good I don't know why I'd like to do bad sometimes but it's almost like its not even possible for my brain to allow it so I don't know if that coincide with my true character or not but I think that's kind of a cool topic
---
It is called humility. Don't be a D
#9robbie-rarkoPosted 12/23/2013 9:51:53 PM
and I'm sure all of you knew this already but there's no such thing as doing drugs or drinking in moderation. I mean why moderate something if it doesn't need moderation. and by that I mean when you need to moderate something your true self already knows that its a problem and it can't be controlled. self will is not something to be depended on or toy with. Imo
---
It is called humility. Don't be a D
#10R1masherPosted 12/23/2013 9:55:13 PM
Crestfallen warrior

I'd be all chill and vaguely helpful until you started stinking up the place then I'd leave and attack you somewhere else cause I'm crazy hollow now.
---
R1R1R1R1R1R1