Why am I dying when I drop down into the Pin Wheel boss area?

#1krono069Posted 1/4/2014 12:17:54 PM
(Note: This topic is also on the 360 boards but nobody's answering.)

I already beat him. I left afterward and did a bunch of stuff in the painted world. Now I'm down in this area going after Nito. I haven't played in a while but I beat this game four or five times back in the day (NG++++ I think). I don't remember dying from this little drop. Am I forgetting about something. Why do I keep dying right here?
__
---
"I may lead you astray every now and then, but I'm always a safe bet." ~Mat Cauthon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U93D8l8B_HU
#2thedawgXDPosted 1/4/2014 12:32:04 PM
Are you talking about the Catacombs skip where you drop from the entrance of the Catacombs down to the horde of bonewheels? If so, take it slower and Estus between drops.

If you're talking about the drop into the actual boss room, I have no clue how that would take you from full health to zero.
---
Ask not what your country can force other people to do for you. Ask who benefits from what you do for your country.
#3krono069(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2014 12:42:20 PM
The boss room drop into the giant coffin where you fight pinwheel. My health is full, I drop down and die as soon as my feet touch the ground for no apparent reason. It's happened five times in a row now...
__
---
"I may lead you astray every now and then, but I'm always a safe bet." ~Mat Cauthon
#4krono069(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2014 2:02:04 PM
Well, after losing four rings of sacrifice, 40+ humanity and hundreds of thousands of souls through no fault of my own, I was able to circumvent, this glitch--and yes it WAS a glitch. An enraging, stupid, annoying glitch that almost made me rage quit the entire game--by taking off ALL my equipment. I took off all my armor, weapons, items, everything, and it finally worked. I dropped down and didn't die. Just FYI if this happens to anyone else.
__
---
#5MiyasakiiiPosted 1/4/2014 2:04:53 PM
The environment sensed hacked equipment...

Jk,not saying you hack!
#6aaronimpactPosted 1/4/2014 4:08:05 PM
You mean when you drop down to fight Gravelord Nito after the baby skeleton cave?

That is quite a big drop. I have 40 Vitality and it takes a little over half of my health.
#7EndRapturePosted 1/4/2014 4:17:52 PM
aaronimpact posted...
You mean when you drop down to fight Gravelord Nito after the baby skeleton cave?

That is quite a big drop. I have 40 Vitality and it takes a little over half of my health.

Well he said he beat the game a couple times, I'm assuming he knows the difference between Pinwheel and Nito.
#8illusorywallPosted 1/4/2014 4:20:31 PM
krono069 posted...
Well, after losing four rings of sacrifice, 40+ humanity and hundreds of thousands of souls through no fault of my own, I was able to circumvent, this glitch--and yes it WAS a glitch. An enraging, stupid, annoying glitch that almost made me rage quit the entire game--by taking off ALL my equipment. I took off all my armor, weapons, items, everything, and it finally worked. I dropped down and didn't die. Just FYI if this happens to anyone else.
__

What was all of the exact gear you had equipped? And what is your endurance? I'd like to see if I can recreate it...
#9Sleep-pkPosted 1/4/2014 5:01:35 PM
Sounds so weird i would like to reproduce the same results hmm interesting indeed.
---
(The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.) I can never tell if you are genuinely happy or mockingly sarcastic... (Cvdf3)
#10Chaosxmk777Posted 1/4/2014 6:24:45 PM
aaronimpact posted...

Fall damage is percent based, not a hard number.
---
"This is me... All of me." ~ Hanako