As a professional clash of clans player, I can tell you this game takes no skill

#1DagnothPosted 2/2/2014 2:26:24 PM
Listen, I'm not saying Dark Souls is a bad game. It does a whole lot right and takes a chance, but come on, this game doesn't require skill; only memorization through trial by error.

Before I say my experiences playing Dark Souls, I'll tell you my history in dwelling in rpg's, particularly Clash of Clans and why I even mentioned it.

When I say I'm a professional Clash if Clans player, I'm not exaggerating or gloating in the least bit. I truly am a professional gamer and I've gotten calls from sponsors practically begging me to join up with them. They particularly want more NA players because they have a surplus of pros from Europe and Asia so they can have more tournaments in the Americas. I help lead one of the top Arena teams in the world so I'm pretty experienced with competitiveness and challenge.

After playing Dark Souls for 10 hours, I quit. I absolutely can't play a game that wants you to die or get owned around every corner. I was in some place called the Undead Burg and got knocked off a cliff and died when I got rolled over by an object rolling down the stairs. I lost all my exp.

To my surprise, everything I just killed, instantly respawned. I said "screw it" and ran past everything and then went down a spiral of stars and proceeded to get one shotted by some armored knight. I died again.

This game isn't hard or challenging or requires the player to have skill; you just got to memorize what's around every corner. There is no player skill and loot, in the grand scheme of things, has little to no impact because all you have to do is memorize attack patterns because everything is scripted, even bosses. My experiences in sponsored tournaments in Clash of Clans tournaments has taught me many traits, particularly my reflexes and ability to adapt to situations, and this has absolutely zero impact in Dark Souls because memorization is all you need to succeed.

I'm sorry, but I can't play a game like Dark Souls that wants you to memorize everything by dieing. Once again, I'll say I'm not gloating when I say I'm a professional Clash of Clans player, and my skill in video games doesn't come into affect in Dark Souls because its only testing my memory, not my reflexes or ability to adapt.
---
Currently playing: nobody goddamn cares.
#2saxrohmerPosted 2/2/2014 2:28:25 PM
So, this is the new thing we're doing? Okeedoke!
---
No bad places, One has no uses for abuses.
#3Roxas_q8Posted 2/2/2014 2:32:47 PM
Dagnoth posted...
Listen, I'm not saying Dark Souls is a bad game. It does a whole lot right and takes a chance, but come on, this game doesn't require skill; only memorization through trial by error.

Before I say my experiences playing Dark Souls, I'll tell you my history in dwelling in rpg's, particularly Clash of Clans and why I even mentioned it.

When I say I'm a professional Clash if Clans player, I'm not exaggerating or gloating in the least bit. I truly am a professional gamer and I've gotten calls from sponsors practically begging me to join up with them. They particularly want more NA players because they have a surplus of pros from Europe and Asia so they can have more tournaments in the Americas. I help lead one of the top Arena teams in the world so I'm pretty experienced with competitiveness and challenge.

After playing Dark Souls for 10 hours, I quit. I absolutely can't play a game that wants you to die or get owned around every corner. I was in some place called the Undead Burg and got knocked off a cliff and died when I got rolled over by an object rolling down the stairs. I lost all my exp.

To my surprise, everything I just killed, instantly respawned. I said "screw it" and ran past everything and then went down a spiral of stars and proceeded to get one shotted by some armored knight. I died again.

This game isn't hard or challenging or requires the player to have skill; you just got to memorize what's around every corner. There is no player skill and loot, in the grand scheme of things, has little to no impact because all you have to do is memorize attack patterns because everything is scripted, even bosses. My experiences in sponsored tournaments in Clash of Clans tournaments has taught me many traits, particularly my reflexes and ability to adapt to situations, and this has absolutely zero impact in Dark Souls because memorization is all you need to succeed.

I'm sorry, but I can't play a game like Dark Souls that wants you to memorize everything by dieing. Once again, I'll say I'm not gloating when I say I'm a professional Clash of Clans player, and my skill in video games doesn't come into affect in Dark Souls because its only testing my memory, not my reflexes or ability to adapt.

Ok, the point?
---
I apologize for my poor english.
#4Thai_StixxPosted 2/2/2014 2:33:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5saxrohmerPosted 2/2/2014 2:35:31 PM
Ok, how's mine? I stole it from chiba, I think.
---
No bad places, One has no uses for abuses.
#6Dagnoth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 2:37:08 PM
saxrohmer posted...
Ok, how's mine? I stole it from chiba, I think.

Wth are you even talking about? Plz don't disrupt mah thread m8.

luv it!
---
Weabilliam Shakespearu: Much Desu About Nothing
#7KulthPosted 2/2/2014 2:39:29 PM
Sorry, correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have such superb reflexes, shouldn't you be able to react in time to avoid being hit/killed?

I dunno.
---
PSN: Saerenan
#8DespondentDeityPosted 2/2/2014 2:42:36 PM
Come back when you're a flappy bird pro then maybe I'll consider your opinion valid.
---
http://i.imgur.com/k0VJ3.png
Ariel would just be weird and you have more things to worry about than not being as gay as you hoped. -nudojudo
#9KDTProjektPosted 2/2/2014 2:45:10 PM
Get yourself a bow...
---
PSN: kDTProjekt, kDTProjekt_2, IvTakenADikOr2
#10LTM_GhostPosted 2/2/2014 2:46:43 PM
Choose one of the alternatives below to find an instant solution:

a) git gud
b) stawp trolling