Covetous Silver Serpent ring - How many use it?

#1Wulf2KPosted 2/16/2014 9:41:39 PM
Anybody else think this ring is great? I even PVP in the thing.

...Alright, turns out this topic is less exciting than it could be.

What do you guys think is the most efficient boss to farm for souls? Taking into account both ease of killing, and competition for summon signs? Waited 20 minutes at 4 kings with no summons, when I assumed that would have a lot of people looking for help. No real goal in mind now that I'm near SL120 cap, but figure I'll ascend a few flames for red slabs, then who knows what to waste them on.
#2elfmirfkinnPosted 2/16/2014 10:14:55 PM
Wulf2K posted...
Anybody else think this ring is great? I even PVP in the thing.

...Alright, turns out this topic is less exciting than it could be.

What do you guys think is the most efficient boss to farm for souls? Taking into account both ease of killing, and competition for summon signs? Waited 20 minutes at 4 kings with no summons, when I assumed that would have a lot of people looking for help. No real goal in mind now that I'm near SL120 cap, but figure I'll ascend a few flames for red slabs, then who knows what to waste them on.

It depends on what ng cycle the host is on. For ease, I'd say the gargoyles. I've been summoned there at all levels between 1 and 120.
That was awhile ago though, maybe not so much luck at 120 anymore.
If you have the dlc, you could try arty or kalameet. Arty is pretty easy for two people. Kalameet can be difficult though. I did coop for Manus this morning but I don't remember how many souls I got.
You could wear the ring and kill the phalanx over and over in painted world for souls. 45 seconds a run if you have a good aoe attack on you, like WotG or chaos fireball.
---
~~~PSN: elfmirfkin~~~
#3aaronimpactPosted 2/16/2014 11:28:54 PM(edited)
Your SL might be a little too high for summons. Most players who replay the game learn to stay at a low SL after their first play through.

Last night I was helping players defeat Nito with my SL60 Pyro.
---
nit gud? disconnect
#4dr_zombergPosted 2/16/2014 11:33:21 PM
at around 50-60 i was constantly summoned against iron golem.
probably the fastest (to reach) and easiest boss to beat in coop.
i did the math and i got more souls there in an hour than other bosses in the same time
---
GT: Titanic Toddler
PSN: KRISHANKO
#5KDTProjektPosted 2/17/2014 12:21:44 AM(edited)
I haven't used the ring in ages, but when I used to gank spank high SL players in the forest to power level to 125 I'd menu swap to it and symbol of avarice after a kill. 1.2 million souls? Thank you!
---
PSN: kDTProjekt, kDTProjekt_2, IvTakenADikOr2