How many tries did it take you to beat Orstein and Smough?

#1HamJabroniPosted 6/14/2014 11:50:11 AM(edited)
BECAUSE I KILLED THEM. F*** YOU SMOUGH! YOU TOO ORSTEIN! ON MY 51st TRY! YEAH! AND I DIDN'T EVEN GET ORSTEIN'S SPEAR AND ARMOR BUT THATS OKAY! SUCK MY GREAT MAGIC WEAPON-ENHANCED SILVER KNIGHT STRAIGHT SWORD GIANT ORSTEIN!

Okay I'm calm now. Seriously, that fight was intense

BTW My Quelaag's furysword +4 only did 84 DMG against Orstein, which is significantly less than my SKSS. Is this normal?
---
"People die if they are killed."
-Shirou Emiya (Fate/Stay Night)
#2ParrotshakePosted 6/14/2014 12:06:30 PM(edited)
Hahahaha excellent.

Man I guess I got lucky because I killed them on my first attempt. I think I had a Quelaag's Furysword + 5 which I am sure was doin' more damage than that and also I summoned Sunbro, he basically distracted Smough while I went one on one with Ornstein and then Smough was easy enough to take down. Internet tells me you get better stuff for taking down Ornstein last but I don't look at guides unless I get wicked stuck so I didn't know.
---
You know I feel like a preacher waving a gun around
Shake it, shake it. shake it baby!
#3GolorianPosted 6/14/2014 12:10:11 PM
Died on first try, warped out on the second (because I accidentally killed Ornstein first), managed to beat them on the 3rd.
BUT I've been extremely overpowered because of explorations, farming and similar stuff. Without that, would've taken a lot longer most likely.
#4HamJabroni(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2014 12:12:13 PM
That is very lucky. The hard part for me was getting them separated. Attack Smough and you're practically asking to get stabbed by Ornstein and vice versa.

Damn, did I just misspell Ornstein in the title?
---
#5Gogandantess100Posted 6/14/2014 12:16:35 PM
3 on ng + and 5-10 on ng
---
xbl: P2K WARRIOR; Ashe only- lvl 99 13 espers 45 hunts 122333- collecting items
I heard somewhere that Viera can be impregnated by The Wood.-Mir_Vimes
#6HamJabroni(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2014 12:23:47 PM
Does Ornstein get Smough's resistance to fire when he becomes Giant Ornstein?
---
#7CllerjPosted 6/14/2014 1:57:21 PM
HamJabroni posted...

How much soft humanity did you have?
---
Games. That is all.
#8HamJabroni(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2014 2:17:06 PM
Cllerj posted...
HamJabroni posted...

How much soft humanity did you have?

---
#9BrakkisPosted 6/14/2014 2:24:17 PM
It took me one try. Smough first.

Although every time I've ever been summoned to help someone with the fight who goes Ornstein first, Smough freight trains me through a pillar and I die.
---
By the edge of those wilds, warriors have charged. But now the years have passed, the generals have left and the grass grows in the armours hollow on the hill
#10PhoenixFires101Posted 6/14/2014 2:42:48 PM
Managed to take Super-O for the Leo Ring and his soul on my second try, with Sol to distract O, Smough went down really fast with the Lightning Spear. Switched to the Furysword to take out O, not even sure if he retains his fire weakness, but the sword hits so fast I just got in between his legs and slashed as though my life depended on it.