How many tries did it take you to beat Orstein and Smough?

#41ActionButlerPosted 6/18/2014 3:54:39 AM
5? 6? I didn't keep a running tally. More than three, less than ten.
---
3DS FC - 0232-9323-9187
#42Ohb9Posted 6/18/2014 4:15:38 AM
I killed them on my first attempt, with a summon of course.
#43OleIronSidesPosted 6/26/2014 12:20:54 PM
On my first playthrough, maybe half a dozen. It was much more difficult for me on NG+; now I can do it on my first try. The fight can be annoying but it's alot of fun.
#44nowhere2hidePosted 6/26/2014 12:28:05 PM
that first time i did it, it felt like my biggest achievement in the game...only Artorias comes at a distant 2nd in "fun-turned to frustration = sense of glory"
#45B01tPosted 6/26/2014 5:42:23 PM
For me, went Smough>Super saiyan ornstein, took me about 10-15 tries. With Sunbro. I actually ran out of humanities, had to run back through sen's fortress to the depths and farmed like 30 from the rats near the bonfire, i was like: I WILL get them now, eventually
---
Why is it that Reality constantly ignores my imagination? It can't possibly like itself the way it is....
#46HamJabroni(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2014 7:37:44 PM
Am I the only one who's hollow 100% of the time aside from kindling?
---
"People die if they are killed."
-Shirou Emiya (Fate/Stay Night)
#47Noke0Posted 6/26/2014 7:59:48 PM
HamJabroni posted...
Am I the only one who's hollow 100% of the time aside from kindling?

No I went hollow all the way through as well. I didn't exactly know what Humanity/Soft H. really did for me my first play through, so it didn't bug me as much.

I beat O&S on my fourth try.
---
Nintendo ID - oBluEx ; GT: oBluEx
Currently Playing: Many PC, PS 1-2, Xbox, Nintendo and various handheld games.
#48uknowthagodPosted 6/26/2014 11:12:12 PM
If you are a caster, this fight is a breeze if you do the following,

Buy Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring
Equip Crown of Dusk
Buy Homing Soul Mass
Use Power Within in your left hand before the fight.

Smough takes about 3 homing soul mass hits, and SO takes about 5. Very easy, very fun!
---
bear, seek, seek, lest
#49Hotel_SecurityPosted 6/27/2014 7:25:39 AM
Took me three times and the first doesn’t count…I cheated a little bit because I summoned Solaire for each attempt which is a big help.

First time, I couldn’t find Solaire’s sign and walked into the room, thinking it may be in there. Died quick since I was just looking for the sign and not fighting.

Second time, Solaire took on Smough while I isolated on Ornstein with homing soul arrows…he caught me with a dash attack and killed me.

Third time, it went the same with me vs Ornstein solo. Took him out the second time with constant homing soul arrows...I stayed close to him so he wouldn’t do the dash attack and stuck with standard melee stuff. Mega Smough mostly focused on pounding on Solaire while I fired off heavy soul arrows from a distance. The only thing I was worried about was if Solaire would survive since he was taking some big hits…that dude is a tank. But he made it without about ¼ HP, so I got my Sunlight Medal. Yay.

I can see this fight being a lot more annoying when I have to kill Smough first on NG+ if only because Orny will get in hits while I'm killing the big guy.
#50angolmoaPosted 6/27/2014 7:45:54 AM
does bosses can be Little tricky, noting out of the ordinery, i had black Knight axe the big axe, ..5 - 6 hits each and they Went down, did aint Think it took less then 1 min.