Mage Weapon

#1oOKilgharrahOoPosted 8/13/2014 2:05:50 PM
So, as you may have read in another topic, my data got corrupted recently and while I've already played through the game again with a dex/int build, I was feeling nostalgic and decided to have some fun with a pure int build. I used an Enchanted Longsword back when I first started the game and switched to the MLGS after Seath, but I was wondering if there were any other interesting (aka good) weapons I could use. Any suggestions?
#2MC_BatCommanderPosted 8/13/2014 2:16:02 PM
Moonlight Butterfly Horn is fun as hell for an INT build.
---
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1IckeqTE397
From the mouth of Batman himself!
#3oOKilgharrahOo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2014 3:59:10 PM
MC_BatCommander posted...
Moonlight Butterfly Horn is fun as hell for an INT build.

True, might try it again.

Just out of curiosity, is Velka's Rapier worth using?
#4JollyCoopPosted 8/13/2014 4:09:50 PM
I like enchanted rapier a lot, more so than velka's. But i like to parry a lot.
---
PSN: JollyCoop, UnJollyCoop (NG+7 only)
#5JollyCoopPosted 8/13/2014 4:27:43 PM
I never liked the butterfly horn so underwelming, range is good though. If you like spear weapons also try the enchanted estoc. Estoc is great for spacing and combat controll.

If you like greatswords you could try obsidian greatsword, it can be buffed and hasn't got ridicilous stat investment.
---
#6oOKilgharrahOo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2014 4:42:13 PM
JollyCoop posted...
I like enchanted rapier a lot, more so than velka's. But i like to parry a lot.

I like to parry a lot as well, so I figured a Rapier would suit my playstyle better than the Enchanted Longsword, you know, with the hidden crit modifier and all.

JollyCoop posted...
I never liked the butterfly horn so underwelming, range is good though. If you like spear weapons also try the enchanted estoc. Estoc is great for spacing and combat controll.

If you like greatswords you could try obsidian greatsword, it can be buffed and hasn't got ridicilous stat investment.

Enchanted Estoc does seem like a good option as well. I don't prefer spears over other weapons though, just wanted to keep my options open.

Overall, do any of the weapons mentioned trump the Enchanted Longsword?
#7JollyCoopPosted 8/13/2014 5:04:07 PM
Depends. Greatsword trumps with poise damage. It can stunn o&s for example. Rapier does more crit. Estoc has a lot of range with some attacks. Enchanted falchion does more damage. What do you want? Pure mage means base endurance? And as lo as possible str and dex? If so rapier is best.
---
#8JollyCoopPosted 8/13/2014 5:06:58 PM
Here you go http://m.mugenmonkey.com/?c=329414216256581066
---
#9oOKilgharrahOo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 1:06:46 AM(edited)
What do you want? Pure mage means base endurance? And as lo as possible str and dex? If so rapier is best

The goal is to get my int to 44 ASAP, so I'll be pumping every soul I get into that stat, then level up vit and end as needed. As a sorcerer, I'll mainly be using spells obviously, but I always like having a back-up weapon just in case. I used the Enchanted Longsword & MLGS in my first playthrough, but I was wondering if there were superior weapons I could use. Hope this helps.

BTW, when is the next stream, Jolly? Sorry about going afk last time, but I was more tired than I thought. :)
#10JollyCoopPosted 8/14/2014 2:00:11 AM
Longsword is a good choise. I did a sl5 mage run to ng+7 with the short sword, but soon after that i did it again with a sl10 to ng+9 with a rapier. Rapier is essential in that ng+ cycle. Constantly in red tearstone mode. It's the only way to one shot enemies with a weapon.

I hope to stream tonight, but only if i manage to stay awake. Only slept about 7 hours in 2 nights.... That also affects my game play if im tired i play like a noob :-(

I don't want to up the stream thread just jet but the intention to stream is there.

What kind of play through do you prefere i'll do?
---