Best weapon to enchant for int build?

#1Critcal50Posted 8/15/2014 1:36:30 AM
I know that CMW out damages any magic enchanted weapon, but sometimes a magic weapon can have a nice difference compared to a +15 of it.

When I went looking around for this a lot of people just said all that matters is your preference, but some weapons have bad scaling and wouldve been better off as a regular, while others get different scaling. Opinions?

My stats:
Str: 17
Dex: 41
Int: 44
#2ZenonDMAPosted 8/15/2014 2:07:58 AM
an enchanted weapon is never really better than its +15 counterpart. With your stats you could just carry around a MLGS or a MLBH in your offhand.
---
PSN: westcurry
#3Shippu_XabunglePosted 8/15/2014 12:50:42 PM(edited)
Balder Side Sword always works. Great moveset, good damage, A scaling in Int, etc.

Remember though that A, B, C scaling etc represent a set of intervals. So the difference between A and B scaling could be 1% or 20%.
---
So wie wir kampfen, arbeite DU fur den Sieg!
#4quickbeamPosted 8/16/2014 10:29:19 AM
Actually, a +5 enchanted composite bow with moonlight arrows has an AR over 500. Otherwise, you'll want to stick with moonlight greatsword and moonlight butterfly horn. If there's another weapon you particularly enjoy using (for example, I just love the scythe and the mace) and you don't plan on buffing it you could enchant them but I wouldn't prioritize it. That moonlight greatsword 2 hand r2 is just bananas...
---
The best driving shoes are Tod's, but they're...slightly less durable footwear than strapping the Dead Sea scrolls around your feet. -MTV
#5oOKilgharrahOoPosted 8/16/2014 12:03:03 PM(edited)
quickbeam posted...
Actually, a +5 enchanted composite bow with moonlight arrows has an AR over 500. Otherwise, you'll want to stick with moonlight greatsword and moonlight butterfly horn. If there's another weapon you particularly enjoy using (for example, I just love the scythe and the mace) and you don't plan on buffing it you could enchant them but I wouldn't prioritize it. That moonlight greatsword 2 hand r2 is just bananas...

Although I agree with you on the MLGS, one thing you have to keep in mind is that you need a reliable weapon to actually get it. I've found that pumping your souls into int and crafting a Magic Longsword +5 just wrecks the first half of the game. Moreover, it can be acquired as soon as you reach Andre, requires minimal stat investment to use and its moveset is just heavenly.
#6quickbeamPosted 8/16/2014 12:58:28 PM
I've had more luck cutting off Seath's tail with a lightning weapon since I believe he's a little resistant to magic. If TC makes a lightning zweihander and two hands it he should be able to cut off the tail with 2 or 3 clean R2's.
---
The best driving shoes are Tod's, but they're...slightly less durable footwear than strapping the Dead Sea scrolls around your feet. -MTV
#7oOKilgharrahOoPosted 8/16/2014 1:31:07 PM
True, but the problem is that you have to get to Anor Londo before you can make lightning weapons. I guess it all depends on your playstyle, but I like to have a good weapon that scales from the start of the game. I don't know if Seath is resistant to magic, but since he's a dragon, he should be weak to lightning, so yeah, a lightning weapon would indeed be a bit more effective in cutting off his tail.
#8one_derPosted 8/16/2014 1:52:48 PM
oOKilgharrahOo posted...
quickbeam posted...

Although I agree with you on the MLGS, one thing you have to keep in mind is that you need a reliable weapon to actually get it. I've found that pumping your souls into int and crafting a Magic Longsword +5 just wrecks the first half of the game. Moreover, it can be acquired as soon as you reach Andre, requires minimal stat investment to use and its moveset is just heavenly.

You can blast Seaths tail off with a single blast of your strongest spell and it is incredibly easy to do. It is bad info telling an intelligence build to use a weapon because it is not necessary, and it makes removing the tail far more difficult for a build not made for melee.
#9quickbeamPosted 8/16/2014 1:56:27 PM
Oh yeah I forgot about that! Yeah, TC, just do that :)
---
#10oOKilgharrahOoPosted 8/16/2014 2:42:17 PM(edited)
one_der posted...
oOKilgharrahOo posted...
quickbeam posted...

You can blast Seaths tail off with a single blast of your strongest spell and it is incredibly easy to do. It is bad info telling an intelligence build to use a weapon because it is not necessary, and it makes removing the tail far more difficult for a build not made for melee.

Even though you will rely on your spells 99% of the time, I always like having a weapon for back-up, hence my suggestions. Besides, TC asked for the best weapon to enchant, so I just wrote down my thoughts. :)