NA Release/Localization of PSO 2 announcement coming this week.

#61DSMRacersPosted 7/4/2012 6:17:40 PM
if it release for NA, can we still can transfer our current character to NA server ?
#62MegaMettaurPosted 7/4/2012 6:23:58 PM
xtacb posted...
Crovax posted...
xtacb posted...
i wouldnt mind PSO2 on console for mainly 2 reasons:

1. Good controller on console without installing extra third party untrusted software

hm? PSO2 has built-in gamepad support. Been using an x360 controller and it's great.

well for people with ps3 controllers i think they need to install some third party software to get it to work

or else they have to buy a xbox 360 controller specifially to play this

A PS2 controller + PC adapter is cheaper than a PS3 controller. And you can use the adapter and controller on the PS3 as well.
---
Official Video Game Character of certain boards of their respective games.
3DS FC: 2492 4510 6341, Pokemon Black FC: coming soon lol.
#63TAoRPosted 7/4/2012 7:23:21 PM
DSMRacers posted...
if it release for NA, can we still can transfer our current character to NA server ?

That'll never happen
---
Oh, oh, oh ice-cold milk and an oreo cookie...
#64scorpio manPosted 7/4/2012 7:49:41 PM
DSMRacers posted...

That will most likely NEVER happen
---
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
Xbox Live Gamer Tag - Polak Toma
#65GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 7/5/2012 1:21:08 AM
If you look at the japanese and american release dates of PSO, PSU etc, its usually about 2 months apart or so.

So don't expect the game tomorrow or something. The premium boxed edition comes out in sept, and in a week or so the mines level is being released. They might hold of on a NA release, even if all the text is already translated on their end, until they have a good deal more content for players to work with.

Right now the situation for the japanese launch, is kinda like they opted to get the game to the fans sooner, while they continue developing the main body of the games content.

If there is a NA release, I would say at least 6 months from now, but if I had to guess the earliest, september. If they waited six months it would be a much stronger offering, given the crazy amazing as hell things they will of released by the end of this next fall.

Some might think sega can just translate the text and leave the JP voice work in, but thats really not how professional gaming companies like sega roll. Their US marketing dept would never hear of such a thing, because they feel it would alienate 'a broader audience' to have moonspeak voice acting and forcing the player to read etc. Its just not 'accessible' enough so it wont happen that way.

Yet another reason I'll stay on the JP servers regardless, cuz you know the voice acting is gonna be cringeworthy. I just hope the client gets an update to select english in the drop down, thats all I want or need.
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie
#66IcEpIcKRSFPosted 7/5/2012 2:32:25 AM
They need to release it for consoles so I can play it with the non PC gaming friends and experience that good old PSO on DC nostalgia.

I'll get it for PC as well either way, but watching these streams is not helping my anticipated wait at all.
---
It is what it is.
#67anon_firePosted 7/5/2012 5:21:39 AM
IcEpIcKRSF posted...
They need to release it for consoles so I can play it with the non PC gaming friends and experience that good old PSO on DC nostalgia.

Don't count on it.
#68Agnostic420(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2012 5:30:54 AM
If I don't see any type of anything Phantasy Star related today on their site or the twitter I'm closing this topic.

Clearly Mondays announcement was only Japan full release. Sega love their holidays so no surprise nothing happened in the fall.
---
Use an authenticator. No excuses. You get hacked, your fault. Authenticator. Get it. Use it. Love it. Massage it. Feel it. hold it. Type it. Use it. insert it.
#69KenshinnokPosted 7/5/2012 6:05:45 AM
Given how many English players are on the Japanese servers, I would be amazed if SEGA didn't start working on an English version very soon. Hopefully it'd be out by next year.
#70Agnostic420(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2012 6:14:13 AM
If it's coming out at all it will be this year, and before Winter as I have to trust what I was told at this point.

Until I'm completely let down with an announcement of "I'm sorry we jumped the gun" or it's confirmed it's not the announcement I'll have to believe what I'm told.

Maybe the week off of Twitter was to work on translations etc... probably not. But if we even had an Open Beta by the end of August I'd be satisfied.

Too bad it will probably launch mid school semester which is going to crush me as it is.
---
Use an authenticator. No excuses. You get hacked, your fault. Authenticator. Get it. Use it. Love it. Massage it. Feel it. hold it. Type it. Use it. insert it.