I'm sorry, but it seems super obvious how to fit in MIchelle and Kunimitsu...

#1Dark SymphonyPosted 5/24/2011 7:53:05 PM
And even P. Jack and older Jack models...

It just weirds me out to see missing characters when you have Kuma/Panda and Eddy/Christie.

Doesn't it seem super obvious to simply throw a Michelle skin over Julia's old moveset and throw a Kuni skin over Yoshi or Raven?

This just seems too obvious. I know fans can be unreasonable and always ask for "more more more" but this one seems so fricking obvious that it makes me wonder if crap is simply being held back for the console version...
#2SpooferPosted 5/24/2011 8:41:48 PM(edited)
There were full customization options to get Yoshi looking like the original male Kunimitsu (with female Kuni's usual fox mask) in 5DR, which was pretty badass. Doesn't change the fact that pre and end fight animations were different, and much more importantly the actual moveset was obviously different... Plus, most people prefer female Kuni.

A few characters have appeared via these swaps or customizations over the years, but it's obviously not the same as the character itself (and his or her moveset) returning.

---
Because... because I've got spikes.
Because I go between the zones, even when I'm not supposed to.
#3Zokuto_NanayaPosted 5/24/2011 9:02:43 PM(edited)

Doesn't it seem super obvious to simply throw a Michelle skin over Julia's old moveset and throw a Kuni skin over Yoshi or Raven?

You really think making Kunimitsu a cheap palette swap again would go over well with her fans?
---
Normal people bore me...
#4housedemolisherPosted 5/24/2011 9:36:16 PM
^Definitely.... and this is also regarding the rest of the returning characters.
If they return as palette swaps, I think fans will just be disappointed. I believe they all want the Jun treatment for the rest of them... :/

P-Jack can come back. Customize Jack-6 and have a little imagination, and there we go....

People just can't fathom the idea that their past favorite characters were palette swaps, and that the moves they received in Tag that made them unique have been added to the existing characters. You can customize them to look like missing characters, but still.... they just can't take it in.
#5Dragunov_4_everPosted 5/25/2011 4:16:04 AM
I love how people act like Kunimitsu is relavent anymore, as if she ever was in the first place.

Jun was given full new character treatment because Harada received enough demand to realise that it was a mistake to remove her. However Kunimitsu receives demand from a small cult fanbase and she was the least used character in the original TTT. There is no reason to bring her back.

At the moment it's just senseless complaining and flawed logic. "Well Jun is back so we may as well have everyone else", well I'm sorry but that's not how things work. People just seem to want characters for the sake of having them, just for some complete oldschool roster nostalgia.

I'd rather Harada puts time into new/original characters when a TTT2 revision comes because the game is technically lacking any original characters so far.
---
Tekken Tag Tournament 2; My Characters...
Dragunov / Jinpachi / Wang / Raven / Marduk / True Ogre / A.King / Alisa / Heihachi
#6SpooferPosted 5/25/2011 11:04:29 AM(edited)
Flawed logic? Please. Kunimitsu's moveset is the only arcade Tekken moveset ever to exist that isn't going to be present in TTT2 (with the possible exception of counting Prototype Jack's unique SS moves and Tilesplitter Deathfist on a Jack model). She was bottom tier in TTT, but her moveset still had its fans. If they're bringing back a character that has never existed as a playable character in the arcade (Jinpachi) and the team seems to want to represent as close to every fighting style as possible (much like they did with the first TTT), then it of course makes sense to bring back Kuni as well. Do people take it too far by claiming they'll boycott the game without her return? Yes. Do they look anywhere near as foolish as you are lately with all your whining over people's differing thoughts about what they want out of the game? Not even close.

What gameplay reason did Jun have to come back, btw? Absolutely none? Correct. She really doesn't even have any reason to return to the plot, either. Not that this matters anyway since TTT2 is not a canon game. She's being brought back because of Asuka hate and fan demand. Kuni does have fan demand (perhaps not as much), but truthfully it seems the only reason why she isn't being brought back is because Harada admitted he never liked her. But either way, Kunimitsu still has more of a gameplay reason to return (the majority of her unique TTT moves still haven't transitioned to any other character; well, other than Ogre like every other T2 hiatus character) and in a non-canon Tag game that's primarily what matters.
---
#7SpooferPosted 5/25/2011 11:07:38 AM(edited)
Btw, again I'm confused by your perception of your own credibility.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606349-tekken-tag-tournament-2/58184113

Dragunov_4_ever posted...
I personally hope that TTT2 gets a T6:BR kind of expansion before console release, which adds Kunimitsu...

Wait, what?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606349-tekken-tag-tournament-2/59181608

That's exactly what I was thinking. Dr.B and Kunimitsu in the TTT2 revision.

HUH!? You want Kunimitsu and a console-exclusive, far less popular, incredibly unconventional gameplay character!?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606349-tekken-tag-tournament-2/59233269

And again talking about Kuni coming back the same day as your post in this thread complaining about Kuni and about other people wanting her back? This is getting remarkable, guy!

http://www.The500TopicsDragunov_4_ever_HasComplainedAboutTrueOgreIn.com

Can you stop whining about True Ogre and his moveset already?

Grand finale: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/928302-tekken-6/47868697

Bye Tekken... I'm not going to play Tekken anymore, Street Fighter is the way forward for me. Tekken's awful "juggling" has turned me away from the series, even though I've been playing Tekken since the original. I know that all the games had "juggling", but it gets worse with each sequel as Namco add more moves, and it's become too much a big patt of the game, to the point where all fun is thrown out of the window. It's too hard to escape moves, especially when the game stupidly doesn't even tell you how to do some of the important techs to escape certain situations. People on Tekken play too seriously, and they want to win so badly that they start getting cheap when they're losing.

Oh my. You seem to be all over the place with your viewpoints, guy. Maybe you should sit down and sort them out before continuing to alienate yourself from the entirety of the GFaqs Tekken boards (or leave it behind like you originally planned).

---
#8Dragunov_4_everPosted 5/25/2011 11:30:51 AM
Spoofer posted...
Btw, again I'm confused by your perception of your own credibility.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606349-tekken-tag-tournament-2/58184113

I personally hope that TTT2 gets a T6:BR kind of expansion before console release, which adds Kunimitsu...

Wait, what?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606349-tekken-tag-tournament-2/59181608

That's exactly what I was thinking. Dr.B and Kunimitsu in the TTT2 revision.

HUH!? You want Kunimitsu and a console-exclusive, far less popular, incredibly unconventional gameplay character!?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606349-tekken-tag-tournament-2/59233269

And again talking about Kuni coming back the same day as your post in this thread complaining about Kuni and about other people wanting her back? This is getting remarkable, guy!

http://www.The500TopicsDragunov_4_ever_HasComplainedAboutTrueOgreIn.com

Can you stop whining about True Ogre and his moveset already?

Grand finale: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/928302-tekken-6/47868697

Bye Tekken... I'm not going to play Tekken anymore, Street Fighter is the way forward for me. Tekken's awful "juggling" has turned me away from the series, even though I've been playing Tekken since the original. I know that all the games had "juggling", but it gets worse with each sequel as Namco add more moves, and it's become too much a big patt of the game, to the point where all fun is thrown out of the window. It's too hard to escape moves, especially when the game stupidly doesn't even tell you how to do some of the important techs to escape certain situations. People on Tekken play too seriously, and they want to win so badly that they start getting cheap when they're losing.

Oh my. You seem to be all over the place with your viewpoints, guy. Maybe you should sit down and sort them out before continuing to alienate yourself from the entirety of the GFaqs Tekken boards (or leave it behind like you originally planned).

Wow, that's pretty sad. What are you, a stalker?

I don't recall ever saying that I liked Kunimitsu. I said that I wanted her added in a TTT2 revision because I don't want to keep seeing people always going on about Kunimitsu, not because I like the character. I think that Harada will probably add Kunimitsu in TTT2's revision, but that does not mean that I think she is a worthy candidate for a new character.

Apparently you lack comprehension, or maybe you just excel at making assumptions. I only made two True Ogre topics, but those were a while back and I think that one was more to do with the fact that Ogre would make more sense. Not that my True Ogre topics even have anything to do with anything right now.

As for that last little personal attack, well there's not really much to say. I would admit that you had shown me up if it wasn't for the fact that I posted that topic back in 2009, and my point still stands from that topic that Tekken's movelists should tell casual players what buttons are required to escape specific grabs and what ground recovery maneuvers there are. It took me until Tekken 6 to figure out that tapping forward as I hit the ground causes me to flip back onto my feet.
---
Dragunov / Jinpachi / Wang / Raven / Marduk / True Ogre / A.King / Alisa / Heihachi
#9Dragunov_4_everPosted 5/25/2011 11:37:29 AM
Spoofer posted...
Flawed logic? Please. Kunimitsu's moveset is the only arcade Tekken moveset ever to exist that isn't going to be present in TTT2 (with the possible exception of counting Prototype Jack's unique SS moves and Tilesplitter Deathfist on a Jack model). She was bottom tier in TTT, but her moveset still had its fans. If they're bringing back a character that has never existed as a playable character in the arcade (Jinpachi) and the team seems to want to represent as close to every fighting style as possible (much like they did with the first TTT), then it of course makes sense to bring back Kuni as well. Do people take it too far by claiming they'll boycott the game without her return? Yes. Do they look anywhere near as foolish as you are lately with all your whining over people's differing thoughts about what they want out of the game? Not even close.

What gameplay reason did Jun have to come back, btw? Absolutely none? Correct. She really doesn't even have any reason to return to the plot, either. Not that this matters anyway since TTT2 is not a canon game. She's being brought back because of Asuka hate and fan demand. Kuni does have fan demand (perhaps not as much), but truthfully it seems the only reason why she isn't being brought back is because Harada admitted he never liked her. But either way, Kunimitsu still has more of a gameplay reason to return (the majority of her unique TTT moves still haven't transitioned to any other character; well, other than Ogre like every other T2 hiatus character) and in a non-canon Tag game that's primarily what matters.

Guess what? Old Heihachi in Tekken 5:DR had several moves that he lost in Tekken 6. They were unique and brilliant moves too. I don't see anyone thinking that we should have Old Heihachi and Young Heihachi in Tekken 7 just to not let those original moves go to waste. What about Dragunov's loss of several brilliant moves in Tekken 6? Heck, lets have a new original character added to the series who takes all the reject moves from across the series that were dropped and aren't being used anymore /sarcasm

The chances are, Kunimitsu won't even play anything like her old self anyway. She'll end up having a complete/original ninja/kunai moveset that will defeat the point of why the fans liked to play as her in the first place.
---
#10Hello4438Posted 5/25/2011 4:59:08 PM
I don't understand the logic with some people. They are allowed to bring back any character that has ever existed in the Tekken universe but the line has to be drawn at Kunimitsu? I don't understand why some fans find her so God awful. Her movelist was ineffective but it could be tweaked just like any other character. This is Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for goodness sakes. Why does one group of people have to continue to suffer while everyone else gets their way?
---
I am the Wind Crest
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/dcsigs/windcrest.jpg