Tekken Move Sets

#11KenGi1226Posted 7/29/2012 12:14:29 PM
CyborgTwenty posted...
KenGi1226 posted...
CyborgTwenty posted...
Spoofer posted...
Serious question?

Here's an example of an average movelist from T6: http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/tekken6/movelist.php?id=jin

Add maybe 5~7 new moves per character on average for TTT2. Times 50 or so characters. Some characters have more than average; some a little less.

he only counted the special moves in street fighter and most tekken characters don't even have any so by tcs count tekken characters have 0 moves. in tekken pressing square counts as a move, pressing square twice counts as a different move, pressing it thrice counts as a different move. street fighter has this too but it's just not listed as diffrent moves each.

Umm, you do know that it is legtly a different move with different properties per outcome...right? Jab Jab Jab in sf is literally jab 3 times. Jab, Jab jab, or jab jab jab for say a law player all have different frames and properties on hit, block, etc.

yes but he didn't count it for street fighter so why count it for tekken? an example jab, jab in street fighter is a 2 hit combo yet jab, jab, jab, jab is simply not possible but if it where exactly the same every hit it like you said it would have been a 4 hit combo. also just look at what tc said:SSF4 characters only have like 7 moves so he didn't count any normals, throws and combos. he only counted special moves so same should be done for tekken characters other wise it's a pointless comparsion. hell you said different move with different properties then you have to count things like light hadoken, medium hadoken, heavy hadoken and ex hadoken too.

Oh no, I agree with you on the fact that he put a double standard on that. But that has already been said. I'm simply correcting a minor flaw in your argument.
---
(SJ-Fox) Gaming Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/KSJFoX
#12getterwingPosted 7/29/2012 6:18:31 PM
I think we should count the 'normal' moves in SF because not not of them have the same property. such as crouch-heavy-punch, some of them are anti-air moves but some are not. and crouch-middle-kick, some of them have kick-down / sliding property but most are not.

Some of the unlisted 'normal' moves have other special property, such as Ryu/Ken's crouch-heavy-punch (on hit) can makes the opponent rise up from the crouching state for the following tatsumaki(which normally cannot hit couching opponent).
#13CyborgTwentyPosted 7/30/2012 7:32:56 AM
my whole point was that tc siad street fighter characters only have like 7 moves and then the people here said tekken characters have 60+ moves but the reality is street fighter characters have just as many move. let's take ryu in ssf4 for example:
6 standing normals
6 crouching normals
6 jumping normals
3 command normals
4 weak specials
4 medium specials
4 heavy specials
4 ex specials
2 throws
1 focus attack
1 super
2 ultras
there that's 43 moves even without combos counted!
#14SpooferPosted 7/30/2012 7:57:50 AM
And Tekken characters have dozens of different variations of jumping attacks (no, really, tons of different jumping attack variations that are seldom used), back-turned normals, getup attacks, running attacks, tackle attacks, etc. All of which are usually unlisted on TZ, and all of which would add up to far more than anything you could list for SF. Throw all the standing/crouching basics/specials/throws/10strings/etc. that TZ does list on top of that then, I guess.

Not all of the more generic or lesser moves are relevant, in either game. As far as the number of unique moves with any amount of worthwhile application, Tekken clearly trumps the almighty crap out of SF. Even though there are different applications to L/M/H versions of SF Specials, it doesn't exactly put the game's moveset variety or moveset depth in the same league as a game that has 70+ completely unique moves per character with entirely different animations, properties, and applications for each one. 70+ moves (or a significant portion, anyway) that the playing character should know how to utilize (moreso than simply altering the strength or duration of the attack) and that the defending player has to be on the lookout for.

A common observation about SFxT was that SF players were not at all used to all the mixups that some of the Tekken characters brought to the table. The Tekken characters in SFxT usually had twice as many listed moves as those from SF. And the Tekken characters in SFxT had but a tiny fraction of their usual movesets. Just goes to show the difference in what the characters of both games have at their disposal, and of their variety.
---
Velvet dreams. Starlight beams. Plastic freaks. On the streets.
Take me home. Before I'm dead. SciFi girl. In my head.
#15bend6000Posted 8/2/2012 6:14:48 AM
CyborgTwenty posted...
my whole point was that tc siad street fighter characters only have like 7 moves and then the people here said tekken characters have 60+ moves but the reality is street fighter characters have just as many move. let's take ryu in ssf4 for example:
6 standing normals
6 crouching normals
6 jumping normals
3 command normals
4 weak specials
4 medium specials
4 heavy specials
4 ex specials
2 throws
1 focus attack
1 super
2 ultras
there that's 43 moves even without combos counted!

You forgot Ryu's close normals, so add on another 6.
---
*Proud follower of Jesus Christ*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFnFr-DOPf8