Quick question (how to throw stuff away)

#1aj_arcaniPosted 11/3/2010 9:09:00 AM
How do you throw things away? The Q button only throws 1 block away. I have a bunch of stone to get rid of.
---
Dreaming of Harvestar
#2MultisensoryPosted 11/3/2010 9:10:13 AM
Go to your inventory, click it, and click outside your inventory.
---
http://y2u.be/Agw37_EOve8 (Youtube)
"It does work in real life. It's called racism. White people are pretty much immune. "-SirSquire - IRL WoW taunts
#3gejsivPosted 11/3/2010 9:12:43 AM
Bro tip: As soon as you decide you want to build a large structure, you're going to realize that you'll need a lot of stone. I strongly suggest constructing a series of storage chests (8 wooden planks around an empty space when crafting) and storing your stone in there for later.

As an example of uses for stone, the Ghasts from Hell cannot destroy cobblestone with their fireballs. So any structures you want built in Hell/Slip/Nether you'll want made out of stone.
---
-gejsiv- :/
It cost four hundred thousand dollars to read this signature for twelve seconds.
#4aj_arcani(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2010 9:14:35 AM

Go to your inventory, click it, and click outside your inventory.

Thanks man.

Bro tip: As soon as you decide you want to build a large structure, you're going to realize that you'll need a lot of stone. I strongly suggest constructing a series of storage chests (8 wooden planks around an empty space when crafting) and storing your stone in there for later.

As an example of uses for stone, the Ghasts from Hell cannot destroy cobblestone with their fireballs. So any structures you want built in Hell/Slip/Nether you'll want made out of stone.

I picked them all up again - -. Thanks for the heads up.

---
Dreaming of Harvestar
#5aj_arcani(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2010 9:15:31 AM
Btw, the Ghasts from Hell = the bomb things?

Should I cover my house with stone? They blew my freaking walls 5 times already.
---
Dreaming of Harvestar
#6gejsivPosted 11/3/2010 9:28:22 AM
Ghasts are the big white jellyfish dudes you find after constructing a portal to the Hell dimension.

The green doods that explode are Creepers: their explosion is more powerful than a Ghast's fireball and will break through stone. The best way to deal with them are windows so you know where they are and either a ranged weapon to pick them off or secret exits to your house to avoid them.

Or building your house out of Obsidian. Next strongest block after stone. I prefer using well light fences; they shouldn't spawn inside the fence because of the light, the light will pass through the fence, and it's more efficient to build then a giant obsidian wall.
---
-gejsiv- :/
It cost four hundred thousand dollars to read this signature for twelve seconds.
#7aj_arcani(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2010 9:55:06 AM
Goddamn! Another one of them blew my door again (I was walking back this time, didn't even see). Blew half my flowers away ;_;

Alright, thanks. I'll work on fences right now. Pain in the ass.
---
Dreaming of Harvestar
#8aj_arcani(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2010 10:37:18 AM
****! AGAIN!

I can't possibly fence the whole area..
---
Dreaming of Harvestar
#9IronSasquatchPosted 11/3/2010 10:39:37 AM
Are you building at night or something? It honestly shouldn't be that hard to construct a fence before night falls. Take the time during one day to collect a bunch of wood. While it's dark out, go inside and make a ton of fence pieces. Then when morning comes, kill excess creepers with arrows and put your fence up.
---
" Minecraft has its own genre. Like....HOLY **** SKELETONS OH NO CREEPER sort of genre."
-Black_Fatalis
#10aj_arcani(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2010 10:49:17 AM
No, I'm doing it in the day. But the way my house is built, it's difficult to cover the whole place.

And yet another blew my roof open. A lot of the snow that was covering is gone ;_; It looked so cozy before.
---
Dreaming of Harvestar