How to install new minecraft launcher???

#1Sniper247Posted 2/18/2011 10:42:32 AM
so I have the new launcher folders open and the minecraft folder open but have no clue where to place them since im a huge nub.
#2Mentalpatient87Posted 2/18/2011 10:49:12 AM
Doesn't the new launcher not work? As in, you probably don't want to install it, because it'll break your game?
---
"You eat babies. Everybody knows that." -John Marston
#3Alr3m1Posted 2/18/2011 10:52:15 AM
You dont place it anywhere. Use java- it works on its own.
#4Chuck_BosworthPosted 2/18/2011 10:53:22 AM
It's an executable file, you just run it and it works. At least, it did for me. Then again, I can't play online at my college, so I don't know how its working for multiplayer atm.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#5eco masterPosted 2/18/2011 11:08:14 AM
You should be able to just double-click the file and run it. If that's not working for some whatever reason, open up the command prompt/terminal, navigate to the directory the .jar file is in, and enter:

java -jar MinecraftLaundher.jar

It doesn't affect any files. Once you log-in, you're in just as if you'd run the standard minecraft.exe, mods and texture packs and all. That said, there's not much point in utilizing it right now, other than to say you have.
---
http://to2is.literallyforbabies.com/to2/boards
also did i just do a flip and landed on my head-NathanCopeland
#6MajikHaatPosted 2/18/2011 11:21:31 AM
There's a new launcher? I've been using the same one.
#7eco masterPosted 2/18/2011 11:26:12 AM

There's a new launcher? I've been using the same one.

It's not officially released. If I'm not mistaken, it'll be introduced in the next update.

Basically, it's a rewrite of the Login screen, showing patch notes and updates, along with links to the main site, the developers' Twitter accounts, the main forums, and a few other things. There's an options button below the login button. Right now, it lets you force a game update (as if you had deleted the version file in the bin directory and such), and there's a line that opens up the Minecraft install folder.

Once it's released, the new launcher should also ask you if you want to install an update, instead of forcing it. It'll be neat.
---
http://to2is.literallyforbabies.com/to2/boards
also did i just do a flip and landed on my head-NathanCopeland