can creepers detect you through glass?

#1dillonthebunnyPosted 8/19/2011 11:39:59 AM
just made a lava trap, and have encased it in glass.. but when I see a creeper, I run out of the way in case they blow the hell out of my trap.. can creepers detect you enough for them to blow up??
---
Psn: Dillonthebunny.
Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn
#2gejsivPosted 8/19/2011 11:41:46 AM
They can see you, however they will not start to detonate unless they are within a block of you. So they can't attack you through glass or stone or anything else.
---
I'm making an Oregon Trail video game with zombies! See the trailer for it here:
http://www.blindeyegames.com/media/
#3dillonthebunny(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2011 11:45:18 AM
ahh, cool cheers!!
---
Psn: Dillonthebunny.
Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn
#4N3crisPosted 8/19/2011 11:46:32 AM
gejsiv posted...
They can see you, however they will not start to detonate unless they are within a block of you. So they can't attack you through glass or stone or anything else.

Why is it that sometumes enemies don't notice you while in a house? They just seem to act normal until you get close to the door....it's like i can look through the glass, but they still act normal.
---
A member of the PMS clan!...=PMS= Miss Saki
#5gejsivPosted 8/19/2011 11:53:48 AM
N3cris posted...
gejsiv posted...

Why is it that sometimes enemies don't notice you while in a house? They just seem to act normal until you get close to the door....it's like i can look through the glass, but they still act normal.

Creepers and Spiders both have "brains", so they react a bit more intelligently to your presence.

Spiders have a very simple ai, once they have detected you they are capable of hunting you down and "remember" if you hide in a building. This update was mostly to facilitate their ability to climb walls and makes them the scariest monster to be chased by.

Creepers have an even better ai. Their pathing searches for hiding places near you and is capable of tracking you through walls if they "know" where you are (ie they have seen you before). This leads to their habit of hiding behind trees or right outside windows when they know doors are nearby.

It used to be that multiple creepers would stack up in hiding spaces, making cave crawling quite dangerous. This was patched out shortly afterwards and they were made a tad bit more aggressive, which ironically made them easier.
---
I'm making an Oregon Trail video game with zombies! See the trailer for it here:
http://www.blindeyegames.com/media/
#6ThJok3rPosted 8/19/2011 12:44:36 PM
Spiders can see through all walls. So you cant hide from them. Creepers, Skeletons, and Zombies wont see you through walls. However, if they saw you and went into pursuit mode, then they can see you through walls. Does that make sense?
---
The ICU: A clan for people who use UAV.
http://s7.zetaboards.com/ICUclan/index/