How do I make a sheep and chicken farm?

#1Gmoney-Posted 12/12/2011 7:53:59 PM
Yeah, my house is in the swamp. Does that matter? Can I just clear an area, make a small fenced off area and expect sheep or pigs/chickens to spawn in there? If they do, then what? You give them wheat to make them breed?
---
The Plague from Hobo with a shotgun. Who has more teamwork?
PSN/XBL/MGO: RzaRecta357
#2Nucl3arT1g3RPosted 12/12/2011 8:02:31 PM
1.)Build the area you want the sheep/chicken/cows/pigs to be in.
2.)Farm some wheat.
3.)Find some sheep/chickens/cows/pigs.
4.)Put your wheat in your hand, and they should start following you.Once they are following you, lead them back to your farm area.
5.)Once you have atleast 2 sheep/chicken/cows/pigs feed them both some wheat, and hearts should start floating above their heads.Once this happens they should start randomly bumping into each-other, and then a baby pops out.(I'm being serious)
6.)Repeat this process until you have your desired amount of sheep/chicken/cows/pigs.

NOTE:Once 2 sheep/chicken/cows/pigs breed, they won't breed again for a while.
---
Roflmao
#3NightRyderFirePosted 12/12/2011 8:03:13 PM(edited)
Make a fenced area like you said. However, don't expect them to spawn in there. Grab some wheat and find the said animal you want. Pull out the wheat and they will follow you. Lead them back to the fenced in area and voila! You got yourself some aminals. This may seem hard, but it's really just a minor inconvenience. Once you got two animals of the same type in there, you are set for life.

And just in case you don't know how to breed aminals properly, just give one wheat to two aminals of the same kind.

Edit: I was ninja'd.... :(
---
"Pipe down and listen!" - Demyx
Monter Hunter Tri: Ryder (HR 110), Nara (HR 60+)
#4Mentalpatient87Posted 12/12/2011 8:16:17 PM
http://i.imgur.com/cKQTs.jpg

This is my ranch. It's hard to see the sheep. They're that red splotch at the top right corner of the smaller chicken pen.
---
"You eat babies. Everybody knows that." -John Marston
#5dwebbsterPosted 12/12/2011 8:33:18 PM
I'm actually setting up an underground farm. I have my wheat farm in a central room and plan to have a room on each side for each type of animal. Still need to go exploring for chickens and cows.
---
If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?
#6Gmoney-(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2011 8:44:03 PM
Thanks guys. Do Sheer'd sheep regrow or should I just kill em an incest em?
---
#7dwebbsterPosted 12/12/2011 8:57:16 PM
Gmoney- posted...

Nope, no regrowth yet.
---
If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?
#8tomma101Posted 12/12/2011 8:58:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ile6t01FH0g

I use something like this, makes the process cleaner and easier
---
It's pretty BS that you have to have an internet connection to download games now a days. -GeneralGilbert
Australia, love it or leave it
#9SiscoPHPPosted 12/12/2011 10:03:47 PM
Gmoney- posted...

If you're adventurous, you could download the latest weekly PC build, as it includes wool regrowth.
#10Gmoney-(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2011 11:01:15 PM
SiscoPHP posted...
Gmoney- posted...

If you're adventurous, you could download the latest weekly PC build, as it includes wool regrowth.

Whose twitter should I follow to know of the upcoming updates? Mojangs rarely updates it looks like.

Also, I seem to have some sheep escaping. Should I make my fence 3 blocks high? I only have them up two and sometimes they get on top but I figured it was just glitchy.
---