How do i change my spawning point on my own server?

#1TheToxicFlame01Posted 1/13/2012 11:07:59 PM
Ive made my very own multiplayer server only to find out i spawn in the middle of the ocean! If anyone could supply me with help of how to get out of this mess without swimming until i find land and make a bed, or deleting my server and making a new one, it would be much appreciated. Preferably info if i can change the spawn point. Thx
#2luigi4728Posted 1/13/2012 11:34:03 PM
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Minecraft_Wiki
---
werewolfs like sandwiches
#3archiecostelloPosted 1/14/2012 7:23:31 AM
luigi4728 posted...
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Minecraft_Wiki

^^^ Ignore him.

If you use a bukket server, there are plugins to change the location where people will initially spawn in the world. I don't use bukket so I do not know the names of the plugins, but I do know that they exist.

If you're using the official minecraft_server.jar, then ask someone else as I do not know the answer.
#4KutKuSlayerPosted 1/14/2012 7:52:47 AM
if you are playing MP with Bukkit, you can use the Essentials plugin to access a whole bunch of cool commands, but /setspawn is the one that sets your spawn to the block you are standing on.

http://ess.khhq.net/wiki/Main_Page

^ the Essentials Wiki, which has a link to the download :)
---
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY TOPIC???__carwreck__
[REPAIR 85] Helios one cab give peer too if fixed.
#5TheToxicFlame01(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2012 3:34:47 PM
Thanks, i guess i'll just go off forever into the ocean until i find land and /setspawn. But if anyone else knows how to fix this, help will be most appreciated
#6_DTM_Posted 1/14/2012 4:26:29 PM
Sounds like you should just make a new world.
---
Currently playing: Minecraft, Uncharted 2, GoW Collection, Heavy Rain & Gears of War 3.
#7TheToxicFlame01(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2012 1:14:49 AM

What are you, crazy? make an entire new world? i shouldnt have to do that just because of mojang's lack of sense. if anyone has any more help, plz, share your wisdom..

#8nickizgr8Posted 1/15/2012 3:29:02 AM
You could make yourself a op then change your game mode so that your in creative. Fly to some land make a bed and sleep in it so your spawn is now there. So when everyone else joins your server just teleport them to you.
#9BlackScythe0Posted 1/15/2012 9:30:27 AM
TheToxicFlame01 posted...
What are you, crazy? make an entire new world? i shouldnt have to do that just because of mojang's lack of sense. if anyone has any more help, plz, share your wisdom..

This seems rather strange to me, you made a server world got a bad one so instead of remaking it you want to rage at the makers for having a random world generator?
#10KutKuSlayerPosted 1/15/2012 10:06:15 AM
if you dont want a new world for whatever reason, perhaps open the world file in WorldEdit and manually change the spawn point.

then just /suicide ingame and you will be at the new spawn.
---
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY TOPIC???__carwreck__
[REPAIR 85] Helios one cab give peer too if fixed.