Save a Pig! Grow a Garden!

#1DrCiddPosted 9/26/2010 5:09:08 PM
I'm serious, for those of you who hunt pigs and cook their meat for healing.
Please don't. It's very archaic and takes up way too much inventory space.
Grow yourself a garden and harvest wheat. It's very convenient and very self preserving, because not only are you able to harvest the wheat, but you can also get 1 or 2 seedlings as well.
Two birds with one stone, eh?
The real kicker here, however is the inventory required to store vast amounts of Health (IE, any kind of food) is very little. You can stack wheat up to 64 as with most items, and convert them to loafs of bread by combining 3 in a horizontal line. So in one stack you have 21 loafs, and 1 extra wheat.
And each loaf of bread heals you for 2.5 hearts
Essentially this means that at any given time you can have up to 53.7 hearts in ONE space. That's much more efficient than carrying around pig meat, if I do say so myself.

So once again. Save a pig! Grow a Garden!
---
I used to think my brain was my favorite part of my body...Then I realized what was making me think that!
#2eutsguedenPosted 9/26/2010 5:17:52 PM
I'M NO DAMN VEGETARIAN!!! >:O

But you're right, of course. *converted*
---
"The Grimace & Ronald McDonald did that to me last Saturday, only difference is that they used giant french fries." - SSJGrimReaper
#3The_Fun_PolicePosted 9/26/2010 6:15:19 PM
*converts*
---
GT: ErgonomicComa
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrMasterZombie
#4Zer0esPosted 9/26/2010 6:18:07 PM
I've been on this Minecraft world for so long, I have no concept of civilization anymore.

I saw a pig once, and I had the urge to cut off its head and, with a wooden stick, I speared the head and stuck it in the ground. Afterwards I did a tribal dance around it. I think this appeased the gods of Minecraft...
---
Spartans never die. They're just missing in action.
#5The_Fun_PolicePosted 9/26/2010 6:21:43 PM

I've been on this Minecraft world for so long, I have no concept of civilization anymore.

I saw a pig once, and I had the urge to cut off its head and, with a wooden stick, I speared the head and stuck it in the ground. Afterwards I did a tribal dance around it. I think this appeased the gods of Minecraft...

Too bad there are no flies in Minecraft.
---
GT: ErgonomicComa
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrMasterZombie
#6Zer0esPosted 9/26/2010 6:22:50 PM
Agh. Screwed.
---
#7mickmick124Posted 9/26/2010 7:07:13 PM

I would like to award you one internet for the reference, would you like it here or to go?

---
RvB. Wash: That... was the worst throw ever... of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault, someone put a wall in my way.
#8DarkDragon409Posted 9/26/2010 7:14:51 PM

Is your name Roger, by any chance?

---
GameFAQs needs new Mods, preferably ones who are less biased:
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4813/40406227.jpg
#9ElDudorinoPosted 9/26/2010 8:10:13 PM
You get more health from cooked meat, and you don't have to place a workstation then craft then punch it out every time you want to heal. Carnivores rule!
#10Zer0esPosted 9/26/2010 8:53:19 PM
Mick: To go, please. =D
Dragon: Why yes, it is, how did you know?

To the TC: While wheat won't stop me from spearing pigs, I am now growing a garden to minimize their deaths a little. =P
---