The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Turn off creepers?

#1BBilbo1Posted 10/13/2010 11:51:58 AM
Is there a way to turn off just creepers or at least turn off their TNT affect?

I dont want to play on peaceful, because I don't mind the other hostile mobs in the game. That's a level of risk that I feel adds to the fun.

I don't mind dying.

I don't mind being 1-shotted

I don't mind the occasional loss of items, either.

However, a mob dedicated to destroying chunks of work you took time to create is NOT fun.

---
GamerTag: Hammer2Fall
#2Amidamaru_Posted 10/13/2010 12:03:35 PM
Nope.

Peaceful or bust.
---
Signature?
#3Lord BladePosted 10/13/2010 3:50:33 PM
That's why you build things with nice long stairways up...

Or build something that will give a huge space between you and the creepers. Remember you have to be within a certain distance for them to ignite. So if they can't get that close, they won't blow up.

I found that on normal, having walls 4 blocks thick stop them from triggering even if they're right outside your house.
---
.- .-.. .-.. -.-- --- ..- .-. -... .- ... . .- .-. . -... . .-.. --- -. --. - --- ..- ...
#4steker16Posted 10/13/2010 3:56:13 PM
oh stop crying, a creeper explosion doesnt do that much damage, it will take like 20 seconds to repair anything they break
---
nomnomnom
#5PRETTZFFPosted 10/13/2010 4:14:23 PM
^This

I have no idea why people complain about them, they do minimal damage at best. I think the most damage they can do is 2-4 blocks in all directions which isn't anything difficult to fix. Not to mention when stuff blows up the items drop. Its more annoying when they kill me in a dungeon instead of blowing a chunk out of my house that takes 2 minutes to fix.
---
-/\/\/\/-The Digitizer-\/\/\/\-
#6BBilbo1(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2010 10:17:17 AM
I'm not crying, I'm simply making a personal criticism in terms of game concept and design.

My reasoning is that in a game that allows creative freedom to flow with some level of risk to enhance the experience, making a mob specifically designed to inhibit that creative fun is counter-productive to the intent of the game.

If you have to stifle any creativity in response to a feature or content in the game, there's a problem. I don't feel like I should have to make compromises to my creativity simply because of one annoying mob that doesn't seem to represent the game's vision. The vision being a Sandbox Survival, Exploration, and creation game.

Skeles, zombies, spiders, are all great for the survival aspect of the game. Creepers, those just don't fit in with the creative-freedom theme.

It's the game equivalent of a bully who kicks kids' sand castles at the beach. there's simply nothing fun about it.

---
GamerTag: Hammer2Fall
#7RabastanPosted 10/14/2010 10:20:22 AM
Thats Life. Get used to it.
#8Demonis_StratonPosted 10/14/2010 10:27:39 AM
I play on normal, and I've never had them blow up my buildings even if I'm on the other side of a single block wall. In fact, I've broken my own windows to slice them with swords without incident. They usually only blow up, or ignite, when they get dangerously close to me.
#9Bokey407Posted 10/14/2010 10:29:36 AM
Creepers are annoying. There are easy ways to prevent them from destroying your s*** though. I usually build my home high up on a mountain and i destroy the dirt blocks behind me. I do this so there is absolutely no way for them to get close enough to do anything... that is until they have flying creepers.
---
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery none but ourselves can free our mind"
#10FenixID4Posted 10/14/2010 10:31:49 AM
I've had them ignite on the other side of a door.
---
"Consider what God has done: Who can straighten what He has made crooked?" -Ecclesiastes 7:13, opening quote of Gattaca