Painterly Pack

#1Green_FlashPosted 11/3/2010 2:01:29 AM
Hi guys, I just took the plunge and decided to try out the painterly pack, why didn't I do this earlier? It looks fantastic. I got the custom pack, it took me a while took make all my choices but looks fantastic in the end.

My only problem is that the grass only shows on top of the block and nowhere else. I know this is an option but im sure I chose the other one. I really cannot be bothered to go back through all of them options just to change that one thing. Derp.

tl;dr I love the painterly pack.
---
"I like his robo-teeth, but where's his robo-bottom lip? He's gonna get cyborg food dribbling all down his robo-chin."
-DebugJunky
#2Amidamaru_Posted 11/3/2010 4:13:53 AM
Yeah, the side-grass.

Not entirely sure what's going on with that, but it's happening to a lot of people.
---
Signature?
#3BigJeffreyLanePosted 11/3/2010 5:37:19 AM
so is Painterly like the defult "everyone's first" texture pack? it was mine for sure...

tried serveral since and am now using this one

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=73861

looks so much better then anything prior.
#4Green_Flash(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2010 7:46:36 AM
^^^ That looks fantastic, I just might have to give it a go.
---
"I like his robo-teeth, but where's his robo-bottom lip? He's gonna get cyborg food dribbling all down his robo-chin."
-DebugJunky
#5SparksolPosted 11/3/2010 9:06:58 AM
All the Painterly side-grass blocks have the grass removed right now, until the color-by-biome issue is fixed for those.
#6MC_BatCommanderPosted 11/3/2010 9:22:23 AM
I used Painterly as my first texture pack as well, it looks great.

As of now I'm using Soulscribe's which I really like for some reason.
---
Punching trees!
#7Blood_of_SokarPosted 11/3/2010 9:25:59 AM
I e-mailed Rhodox last night and this was his reply:

Biome grass does not currently work on grass sides. When notch fixes
this bug the grass sides will be re-enabled.

So, be patient, grass-sides will be fixed.

---
PSN & LIVE: Vallanthaz
Violence has its own economy. Therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment.
#8Green_Flash(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2010 10:34:28 AM
Ahhh, that explains it, brilliant, thanks guys.
---
-DebugJunky