outdated client?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. outdated client?

User Info: grobocop

grobocop
6 years ago#1
Mos of the time when I try to join a server it says: disconnected by server, outdated client. How can I fix this?
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"-N30Chaos687

User Info: Timohtep

Timohtep
6 years ago#2

Mos of the time when I try to join a server it says: disconnected by server, outdated client. How can I fix this?

By not pirating the game.

Or updating.
"Take about 5 dozen eggs, start puttin' 'em in a bowl, mix the **** out of 'em, and what do you get?"
Friend Codes in Profile

grobocop
6 years ago#3
I did not pirate the game. But then how do I force my game to update?
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"-N30Chaos687

User Info: Face_Lost

Face_Lost
6 years ago#4
Actually, it happens because the server itself hasn't updated with Minecraft. If it's not your server then you will just have to wait until someone updates it.

User Info: Timohtep

Timohtep
6 years ago#5

I did not pirate the game. But then how do I force my game to update?

If you log in when you start up the game, it should update.
"Take about 5 dozen eggs, start puttin' 'em in a bowl, mix the **** out of 'em, and what do you get?"
Friend Codes in Profile

Face_Lost
6 years ago#6
Did anyone read this poor guys first post? It says hes trying to log into a server...not the game.

Face_Lost
6 years ago#7
Oh..nevermind. I guess that can be easily misunderstood. Whenever a new update comes that I download and i try to log into my server, the server usually hasnt updated yet so I get that same message.

grobocop
6 years ago#8
Ok so there's nothing wrong with my game, just their server?

User Info: cjnoone

cjnoone
6 years ago#9
^Correct.

Perhaps Notch should update the version checking. Right now, it's just "client version != server version, say outdated version". I think he should add a notice when the client is newer than the server to prevent confusion.

User Info: Geomancer01

Geomancer01
6 years ago#10
Delete the version file in the bin folder of your .minecraft folder, thta might work.
Do what?
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. outdated client?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived