Minecraft on Iphone/Ipod Touch

#1TokioRosePosted 12/3/2010 5:21:03 AM
So I've noticed that quite a few people (myself included) were wondering if a Minecraft app would be possible for mobile devices.
A few weeks ago Minecrafted was released, but it was gone before anyone noticed. Today, another Minecraft copy has been released.
It's called "Eden: World Builder", and is in the appstore for something like 3 bucks.
I've just Dl'ed it, and it seems like a carbon copy of minecraft classic. There is a save option, and you can also upload your own world or
download someone else's. There's room for five worlds on the device at a time. Framerate & controls seem pretty solid. Anyone interested in more first impressions or anything?

---
"clothed alien/human characters may prop a partner on a space console or unzip their future-blouse"
-------ESRB on Mass Effect 2-------
#2The_SchoolistPosted 12/3/2010 8:20:20 AM
I am. I would be really amazing to be able to have the original Minecraft on the IPod Touch/IPhone.
---
Just pretend that there's something clever written here, because, right now, there isn't, and it boggles my mind why you are even reading this.
#3Mentalpatient87Posted 12/3/2010 11:53:06 AM
So long as they don't neglect us Droid users.
---
Dod-a-chock?
#4jakethenoobPosted 12/3/2010 11:56:21 AM
I just want it on XBL or Steam
---
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197998671913
TF2 backpack: http://www.tf2items.com/profiles/76561197998671913
#5GlinkmasterPosted 12/3/2010 11:58:16 AM
There was a proof of concept for Android on the Galaxy S phone, and it ran really smoothly and seemed fine. But there hasn't been any official support yet. Notch said he was thinking about it, but he probably wants to get the PC version out of Beta before much attention is given to mobile versions.
---
Yo buddy, Still alive?
-Solo Wing Pixy, Ace Combat Zero
#6Mentalpatient87Posted 12/3/2010 1:03:23 PM
Also, Steam. Steam as an option would do some nice things for Minecraft.
---
Dod-a-chock?
#7TokioRose(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2010 3:31:13 AM
doesn't have as many options as the full game, some blocks like water, lava, glass, as well as half blocks that you can use to make stairs aren't present.
draw distance is pretty good, about the same as the second best on the full game. Downloading and uploading games is super easy, and only takes 5-10 seconds. I think the price is also lowered to a buck. Controls can get a bit touchy, you'll quite often tap the screen instead of hold to look, and inadvertedly delete/add a block. There's also only onetemplate, so no sno, desert or lava worlds. However, it's still a great app and if you like minecraft, you should definately grab it.

---
"clothed alien/human characters may prop a partner on a space console or unzip their future-blouse"
#8ThelastsheikahPosted 12/11/2010 3:50:35 AM
Given how Minecraft needs a relatively high spec computer (Or at least, not as one as bad as mine) to run properly, I don't think there's much hope of it running on iPhone. iPad, perhaps.
---
<Risque quote removed>
#9TokioRose(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2010 3:59:35 AM
If you read the topic, a fully working minecraft clone called eden has already been released.
It runs just fine, even with a lot going on. Seems like people seriously underestimate IoS devices.

---
#10ThelastsheikahPosted 12/11/2010 4:08:13 AM
If you read the topic, a fully working minecraft clone called eden has already been released.
It runs just fine, even with a lot going on. Seems like people seriously underestimate IoS devices.

But by the sounds of it, it's a watered-down Creative mode, which is FAR watered-down from the survival mode.
---
<Risque quote removed>