I'm sick of this. Mods make my minecraft unplayable.

#1meteor6666Posted 12/18/2010 11:53:54 AM
I know how to add mods. I'v seen people do it too.... but what makes me mad is that my Minecraft goes to a black screen when I play with mods. I have the mod loader too (since people asked me that a lot).

So what's wrong?

---
PSN- XxWormholexX Now Playing- Minecraft, Demon's Souls, Little Big Planet, Crysis, every Monster Hunter game- Wormhole
#2seoulspiritPosted 12/18/2010 11:58:56 AM
delete META-INF?
Also, some mods can't run in conjunction due to lack of classes
---
PSN:Seoul_Teamwork
"Are you guys going to be trying for l33t week one Tier 11 farm status, or what?" Funbargsrus on Minecraft server applications
#3gtaking5Posted 12/18/2010 12:00:48 PM
Delete the folder titled META-INF, not just the two files inside. Because of one of the recent patches you need to delete the folder instead of the two MOJANG files. It took me awhile to figure that out after I tried installing some mods awhile ago.
---
"My opinion is that you have no rights to your opinion." Greater words have never been said.
#4meteor6666(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2010 12:01:15 PM
Yea i deleated meta-inf.

So some mods dont have the classes needed but otehr people dont mention that it won't work?

---
PSN- XxWormholexX Now Playing- Minecraft, Demon's Souls, Little Big Planet, Crysis, every Monster Hunter game- Wormhole
#5seoulspiritPosted 12/18/2010 2:19:37 PM
well i mean two mods can try and use the same class...and that normally results in the black screen
I'd suggest trying to re-install one mod at a time, and if it asks you to overwrite anything, then that's probably bad
---
"Are you guys going to be trying for l33t week one Tier 11 farm status, or what?" Funbargsrus on Minecraft server applications
#6Shenti_RebornPosted 12/18/2010 2:43:53 PM
I'm with you, TC. This is probably the most irritating game when it comes to modding, though it's definitely not the most unstable or unwilling for modding. It's still ASS, though.

The game itself is great, though. It's just...you can only have like four mods at one time, 'cause too many idiots use the same classes.
---
myspace.com/shenti_ex / facebook.com/shentex / youtube.com/zeronightx
cheIle is the king of potd lool
#7meteor6666(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2010 2:46:56 PM
I actualy put them 1 at a time when trying this. i even did different mods after restoring my Jar file. It seems to me that my minecraft is just broken like that, or it's dumb luck.

---
#8seoulspiritPosted 12/18/2010 2:56:26 PM
Only thing else I could say would be modloader's and that certain mods have specific install instructions other than the traditional add to MINECRAFT.JAR
---
#9MC_BatCommanderPosted 12/18/2010 4:39:20 PM
I have the same problem TC, I follow the instructions of installing the mods to the T and still it just crashes my game.
---
Cover your knees up if you're gonna be walking around everywhere.
#10xkon03Posted 12/18/2010 4:49:25 PM
Hopefully a solution that helps others:

I originally used a texture pack that was just copying files to the bin folder and place a .rar file in the 'texturepack' folder. Then I switched to 'AaGeOn Bumpmaft V1_4' which required placing files in the .jar file, deleting the META-INF, and running the mod program. Following the instructions perfectly, multiple times, and I would still get crashing.

Turns out, all I had to do was remove the old .rar file in the 'texturepack' folder for it to stop crashing. (If I put that file back in the texturepack folder it starts crashing again)

Hope it's this simple for someone else.

---
Taisetsu ja nai mono nanka nai