I play minecraft with an xbox controller

#1muffinmasherPosted 1/8/2011 10:13:43 PM
I bought a wired controller today, went home and used the joytokey software to put the keys just like i want them in the computer.

It's awesome. The controls are very fluid and simple, i use the triggers for left and right clicks, the A button for jump, hold X for crouch, START is set for inventory, BACK is for escape, up and down through the D-pad makes me scroll through the items. B is drop items, Y is open typing menu. I'm pretty sure that's it.
---
Platinum FC: 1762 8732 1742
Soul Silver FC: 0475 0036 9170
#2meteor6666Posted 1/8/2011 10:16:03 PM
Booooo Xbox...

WHAT ABOUT PS3!?!?!?!?!?

---
PSN- XxWormholexX Now Playing- Minecraft, Demon's Souls, Little Big Planet, Crysis, every Monster Hunter game- Wormhole
#3AdifferentcityPosted 1/8/2011 10:17:22 PM
Thanks for sharing.
---
Murphy's Law: If anything can go wrong, it will.
O'Toole's Corollary to Murphy's Law: Murphy was an optimist.
#4meteor6666Posted 1/8/2011 10:18:47 PM
I guess using a new controller can add to the fun. PC makes games super easy. I should try that.... if my bro wouldnt mind me using his xbox controllers. he has 2.

---
PSN- XxWormholexX Now Playing- Minecraft, Demon's Souls, Little Big Planet, Crysis, every Monster Hunter game- Wormhole
#5ThatWeirdPersonPosted 1/8/2011 10:20:36 PM
I do too, it works pretty well, I only have to use the mouse occasionally (for crafting)
#6jake-sfPosted 1/8/2011 10:27:05 PM
I tried just for kicks. I absolutely CANNOT stand using the joystick. When I have the option, joystick to aim is like the worst thing on Earth. Sure, this ain't a shooter or anything, you don't need super precision, but I still find it extremely painful and everything takes a lot more times to do.

I mean seriously, why would anyone prefer a controller to a mouse? Unless you're setup with your computer linked to a good TV screen in front of a couch where you can relax while playing, I'd never choose a controller, but to each his own.

I also hate not being able to rapidly select one of my items with 1-2-3... No room for that on a controller.
#7SPARTAN-034Posted 1/8/2011 10:44:32 PM
Some of usjust like a controller over a mouse. Its just what you prefer in the end. Just use what you want. Im downloading counterstrike right now and I am going to attempt to play with a controller. Also I dont plan on doing amazing in that game, so super percise isnt really what im going for since Im just starting out.
---
GamerTag: A Fluffy Lombax
MineCraft Name: AFluffyLombax
#8GastroidPosted 1/8/2011 11:08:55 PM

Some of usjust like a controller over a mouse. Its just what you prefer in the end. Just use what you want. Im downloading counterstrike right now and I am going to attempt to play with a controller. Also I dont plan on doing amazing in that game, so super percise isnt really what im going for since Im just starting out.

You won't do amazing. You won't even do well or anywhere near well. The fanbase of that game is amazingly good. To try to get into that game now as a newbie is tough, since the dedicated playerbase has years of experience. However, even if you learn to match their skill level, they'll still far surpass you in reflexes and coordination, since it a mouse does have better aiming and the shortcuts on a keyboard save more time than you think.
---
Hotel Ciroid/b
Dual Optical Fiber Laser Scout
#9lunareklipsePosted 1/8/2011 11:32:43 PM
^ that
theres no way you can compete with people using a mouse on a shooter with a damn controller, no way in hell.. minecraft on the other hand? i thought about it, but figured it might be a bit complex but im still thinking of giving it a shot for the hell of it. If you could run by holding down both mouse buttons I wouldnt care so much.
---
---------=====http://raptr.com/Lunareklipse====--------
http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x133/lunarsforzadesign/
#10GlinkmasterPosted 1/9/2011 12:10:40 AM
I've played online PC shooters with my controller and do just fine... Really it comes down to preference. I will give that the keyboard is sometimes useful, due to the amount of commands some games have. But I can be just as precise with a controller or a mouse.
---
Yo buddy, Still alive?
-Solo Wing Pixy, Ace Combat Zero