'Seed for the world generator', Any way to make an all snow world with this?

#1GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 2/22/2011 11:27:56 AM
What would you put in that spot when starting a new world? The updates so new that there arent any examples yet on what to put in that box or how to know what to put there

Hex? Words? Is there a legend somewhere that describes what input gives what result etc?
---
Guardian Gamer X
CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals.-PursuitandTie
#2SoIldSnlvyPosted 2/22/2011 11:31:17 AM
I want to know this too as i wanna mountainous world with a house that will pierce the heavens...
---
Official and Original Mountain-Eating Goddamn Aggron of the Black/White Boards
AKA Ninjaluffy/ Minecraft Name: Anaven
#3cjnoonePosted 2/22/2011 11:35:50 AM(edited)
No, it has nothing to do with that at all. When using "random" values on a computer, those values have to come from somewhere. That "somewhere" is a seed value. If you use the same seed value on two random number generators, they will both come up with the same sequences of random numbers. What that means is if you generate two worlds using the same seed value, they'll be identical.

However, there is no way to modify the seed to influence what types of blocks spawn in the world.

However, if you knew the seed for any of your old worlds, you could generate them again, only with the new blocks.
---
If your AC:WW game is bricked, contact me at cj.no.one {at} gmail {dot} com. I will unbrick the cart and restore your save file. Only cost is shipping.
#4Chuck_BosworthPosted 2/22/2011 11:48:03 AM
Trees aren't affected by this. While still affected by biomes (which remain the same), trees do not spawn in the same places. Everything else (except for flowers, mobs, etc.) remains the same.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#5SoIldSnlvyPosted 2/22/2011 11:50:27 AM
<.< that sucks...
---
Official and Original Mountain-Eating Goddamn Aggron of the Black/White Boards
AKA Ninjaluffy/ Minecraft Name: Anaven
#6AlkVelronPosted 2/22/2011 12:07:59 PM
Wow, wait, seriously? Does that mean I can generate my older worlds again and they'll virtually looks the same?
---
XBL/PSN/STEAM/XFIRE/ Account Name - NEREVAR117
First time I meet a dragon in Skyrim, I'm going all Kratos on it's ass!
#7Chuck_BosworthPosted 2/22/2011 12:11:01 PM
If you can find out what their seed was, I guess so.
---
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
#8MaxDanielssonPosted 2/22/2011 12:25:40 PM

Type "winter" then it will generate a random winter world for you, works for me. Just saying :)

#9GAMER_X_REVIVAL(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2011 12:31:44 PM

Type "winter" then it will generate a random winter world for you, works for me. Just saying :)

Did they re implement falling snow yet? Its totally killed the games atmosphere for me since they removed it. Used to love chilling inside a tunnel overhang where it wasnt falling, it was like a cool little sanctuary and exploring in a blizzard was the best
---
Guardian Gamer X
CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals.-PursuitandTie
#10arahman56Posted 2/22/2011 1:10:04 PM(edited)

From: MaxDanielsson | Posted: 2/22/2011 2:25:40 PM | #008

So does "summer", apparently.

But "nether"/"hell" doesn't work :(

(I mean, using these as seeds just generate an ordinary world).
---
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2395/2010.png
Most anticipated of 2010